Super Contributor

I saw this in the insider magazine. Looks lower quality than some Ive seen at Costco for $20.  It's still all polyester. Is it just me or is that crazy?

Respected Contributor

The Barefoot Dreams robe?

It's very luxurious.  Yes, it's expensive. 

Super Contributor

Are you talking about Barefoot Dreams? They have a lot of cozy looking lounge wear I would love to buy but their prices are too outrageous for something I wouldn't even wear out of the house. 

Honored Contributor

Re: $126 polyester robe

[ Edited ]

@bri20 wrote:

The Barefoot Dreams robe?

It's very luxurious.  Yes, it's expensive. 

Barefoot Dreams robes have always been expensive. Oprah has put them on her Favorite Things list in the past. I bought a knock-off and it cost a fraction of the price, but it's also not as soft or plush as an actual Barefoot Dreams robe.

Hey, you can always get their cheaper robe for $99. Yep, that's their cheap robe.

Honored Contributor

Barefoot Dreams items are fantastic.  I personally wouldn't pay that much for a robe because I don't wear a robe often at all.  If I did, I'd spring for BD.

Honored Contributor

@Adamlambert wrote:

I saw this in the insider magazine. Looks lower quality than some Ive seen at Costco for $20.  It's still all polyester. Is it just me or is that crazy?

It's a lovely robe...I own it. I just ordered a robe from Amazon that is a lot more luxurious at less than half the price. I enjoy both of them but I am not sure I didn't just pay for the name with the Barefoot Dreams...

Super Contributor

yes, that one.  I have never heard of that brand but if Oprah endorsed it, maybe that's why it's high.  Polyester is cheap!! I'm sure it's very soft like the ones at Costco.  I was just shocked at  that price and even looked it up online. Lol.  

Honored Contributor

What the heck is it with people and prices..????   Anyone who has ever shopped anywhere knows full well that all merchandise, whatever it is comes at various price points.  And we all know you can't judge quality by picture.  That's just lol funny.  No doubt there are $7.00 robes out there somewhere and no doubt there are $700.00 robes.  $126 might seem expensive to you but that's just you.  A $126 robe is dirt cheap bargain for someone else.  So, no.  It's not at all crazy. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: $126 polyester robe

[ Edited ]

It probably isn't the same quality (and certainly not lower quality) as the $20 robe at Costco.  It may appear similar but not the same quality.  I love the BD line.  I personally wouldn't pay that much for something I couldn't wear outside though lol.  (Love my BD cardigan that was a TSV a few months ago)

Frequent Contributor

Nordies sells a BF Dreams robe for $99.00 with free shipping.  Is there a difference in the Q's robe and Nordstroms besides the price?