Honored Contributor

Re: 11 Fashion Trends that we'll be seeing in 2023...

My favorites are green, menswear, ballet flats, and blazers.

I like loafers but not the super chunky lug soles. I would consider something pink even though it's not a color I usually wear. 

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper 

• Funny thing about the sleeveless sweater ..... I have some beautiful red wool yarn but only enough for something sleeveless.  Yesterday, I spent several hours going through 20 years worth of patterns looking for "just the right pattern."  Found something in an old Vogue patten book.

----------------------------------------

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Those sleeveless sweaters/vests (#11) are really making a comeback.  I remember the popularity buzz when Naomi Watts in that Netflix series "The Watcher" wore a white one with a high soft neckline.  It was gorgeous.  

Honored Contributor

The sweater is the only thing on the list that I would ever wear.  

Respected Contributor

Like others, I fear I will be adopting few of these trends, but I'm not surprised that green is growing in popularity.

There are so many gorgeous shades! From pale to emerald green, it is very flattering to all complexions IMHO.

In fact most of the tops I've recently purchased have been green.

I do love pink too but can only wear it minimally as I have such a ruddy complexion.

Thanks for posting!

Respected Contributor

Oh good.  Nothing that appeals to me.  I should be able to keep to my clothes buying decrease this year.  The only thing I like would be the green and pink but that is not a trend for me as green is my favorite color and I have alot of it and I also have always liked shades of pink as well.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm leaving the truck tire shoes to the truck drivers.

See-through handbags.  Like them a lot.  Wrap a beautiful scarf around contents.  

Sparkly for daytime...not me.

Classic cargo pockets.  Yep, that's me. 

Bright metallic suit..NO!!!!!!!!  Silver or pewter metallic loafers and booties, yes.  

The color pink....NO-O-O-O!!

The color green...Yes to true greens.  

Diving pants masquerading as leather...Another NO!!

Blazers - Always

Menswear - My style.

No word on lowering those pants hems, though.  

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday, Me Too...LOLWoman LOL

Respected Contributor

I've never liked see-through handbags or backpacks because I like my privacy and that includes the contents of my bag!

Honored Contributor

Just thinking about blazers .... 

I went through my blazer phase between roughly 1989 and 1996.   

I've been in my jazzy jacket and sweater phase since the late 90s. 

Plan on continuing the sweater phase for many more years.  I have a lot of yarn to use up.

Trusted Contributor

@songbird  Like you, I just can't wear closed in shoes without some kind of sock on my foot. Try Old Navy low cut or maybe extra low cut socks. You'll know them when you see them LOL They are wonderful. They stay on your foot and don't bunch up. They're sold in a bundle of three pairs and I've only seen them in prints. But they are so low cut you don't see the print. I have six pairs and I love them. I turned my daughter on to them and she told some of the nurses and doctors at the hospital she works at about them and they like them too. I just remembered they're called no shows.❤️