Esteemed Contributor

Re: 11/27 TS - Diane Gilman Lux Sport

DG jeans do not work for me.  They fit and feel terrific but I have had 3 pair that pulled and shredded at the seat seam.  This is typical for anything with spandex but I had only worn a dozen times.  I wash on cold and line dry or on delicate. Definitely did not over dry. Haven't purchased any more in over a year as I'm not wasting my money. I also am very thin and wear a 4 in her jeans.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

I think I'm one of the few here who actually likes DG jeans and jeggings. I particularly like the original superstretch skinny jeggings with the belt loops. The ones I bought a few years ago still look and fit very good. I went down a size so they fit really snug after washing. Then after an hour or so they relax and fit perfectly. 

Looks like the new Luxsport jeggings have some good reviews posted already. The pics on the website make them look like they might have a slight sheen to them which does not appeal to me. I want to see the presentation before making any purchases.

I have a pair of Superstretch jeggings from about 3 years ago and I'm still wearing them.  Those I really, really like.  Mine also have the belt loops. They retain their shape and I've had no issue with them.

Yesterday's TS looks exactly the same as the pair of SS I own and love.  Because of my shape (pear) I am one that cannot go down a size.  I stick to my normal size.

No these jeans aren't fabulous looking just seeing them in a still shot. They definitely require a longer shirt over the top.  I'd certainly not tuck anything into them.

Her pull on type jeans are the only ones that work for me and I only own and wear that one pair of SS.  The ones with the set in waist and fly front are always huge in the waist by the time I get them to fit anywhere else.

These were an easy pass for me.    

Trusted Contributor

I had the same thing happen re the splitting seam in the seat of the pants.  Plus, DG's jeans bag out big time in the back of my thighs and at the hip and waist.   I stick to her tops, which I love.

Esteemed Contributor

I have several very nice tops from Diane. However, I will not order another pair of her jeans. Although I'm the Boomer she sells to, they're the most ill fitting and uncomfortable jeans I'ver ever worn. Yes, my waist has expanded, but not like Diane herself has. I don't have a 36" hip with a 30" waist. Then, worst of all, they slide down your body and grow during the day.

And a jean that looks like silk with a shine, no way! Obviously many, like over 50,000, love them. I guess all those that go on sale are the 40,000 returned.

Honored Contributor

I love her jeans but not all styles fit the same. Nor is the size always the same. Once I found a correct size and style, I have several.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:
@QueenDanceALot
You can't go by Diane she would have sized down 2 or 4 sizes! LOL
Actually it was three or four models that were wearing them but none looked to be poured into them. Maybe it's just as simple as they were wearing the right size? ;-)

I have heard Diane say she wears a 2 in her jeans.

WELCOME TO SUPER FANTASY SIZING

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:
@QueenDanceALot
You can't go by Diane she would have sized down 2 or 4 sizes! LOL
Actually it was three or four models that were wearing them but none looked to be poured into them. Maybe it's just as simple as they were wearing the right size? ;-)

I have heard Diane say she wears a 2 in her jeans.

WELCOME TO SUPER FANTASY SIZING

Diane might cram herself into a size 2 but even in her own jeans, she needs to go up at least a size, if not two sizes.  She looks like 2 pounds of sausage in a 1 pound casing in her jeans.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva

I think Diane and Shawn could be the best of friends with their size 2 nonsense!

Woman Wink

Contributor

[ Edited ]

A271408

Take a look  at the Gilman and the D&Co

DG2 by Diane Gilman Shawl Sweater Coat with  Pocket

Honored Contributor

@MAGGIES wrote:

A271408

Take a look

Am I missing something here?? That item number is a D&C sweater...??