Respected Contributor

I was going to purchase the IM velvet boots that were a One Day Only price yesterday (11/19/18) for $122.98 + tax. They're item #A343599. It was an extra little treat for a birthday this month. But when I checked the S&H it was $11.22, so I changed my mind. Some sites have a minimum dollar amount for free shipping, some sites are free, etc. I may check those other sites for something similar instead. What's up with $11.22 shipping on a $122.98 pair of velvet boots?

Trusted Contributor

And other sites are more.  You're prerogative.

Respected Contributor

@Desert Lily wrote:

I was going to purchase the IM velvet boots that were a One Day Only price yesterday (11/19/18) for $122.98 + tax. They're item #A343599. It was an extra little treat for a birthday this month. But when I checked the S&H it was $11.22, so I changed my mind. Some sites have a minimum dollar amount for free shipping, some sites are free, etc. I may check those other sites for something similar instead. What's up with $11.22 shipping on a $122.98 pair of velvet boots?

I totally understand @Desert Lily about the shipping cost especially when I would want to get more than one color of this boot...and don't forget taxes...by the way this boot is really cute...didn't know it was Issac...digging the navy and black!

Respected Contributor

@Desert Lily wrote:

And if you do not like them, you lose that initial $11.22 plus the cost of returning.  You can do better elsewhere. Many sites have free shipping both ways.

Honored Contributor

Somewhere in the past week on TV, I heard someone discussing internet shopping.  She said, "Don't hit buy until you've found a code for free shipping and handling to enter".

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

That shipping charge is crazy, and no, other sites do not charge that much. Once you add taxes, you've got over $140 invested, and then if they don't fit, add more on for a return. For boots, I'll visit my local Macy's or another B&M store to try them on - and not pay shipping.

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily  QVC makes a lot of money on shipping.  If you return something you pay return shipping plus original shipping if you don't exchange.  Think of all the people that return.  Yes, $11.22 is way too much for shipping.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

When I saw the amount, I figured you were looking at the Sundance catalog.

They're awful with postage too!

Esteemed Contributor

What irks me is that when QVC changed their shipping policy, there were two prices, $3 and $5. Slowly but surely the exceptions have increased. So now we are paying shipping costs per item, without the previous advantage of paying less for multiple orders of the same item. When I see something I like on QVC, if it’s not an in-house item, I look for the product online and can always find it cheaper elsewhere. Selling stuff on TV is far more costly than the internet alone.

Esteemed Contributor

Agreed, shipping is way too high on QVC.  It's a ripoff, how about those Dooney bags??  The shipping on those is just as high, as others stated after you add the tax and shipping charges the item is no longer a bargain!