Honored Contributor

What's the big deal?  It's a choice, buy them or don't buy them.  Buy them from a site that gives you a better shipping charge or no shipping.  

Honored Contributor

Re: $11.22 S&H for 1 item

[ Edited ]

Where l live the S&H is taxed, so that would make it about $12.25 to ship the boots. Woman Frustrated  Then another $9 to ship them back if it doesn't work out. More than $21 lost, just to try them out! Woman Surprised

ETA: Similar S&H charges apply for most handbags.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

It depends on how much you want the item. You can use ebates, and the money back will help a bit

I would ask myself, if I would rather do withou,t or spend  an extra $11 , which in the scheme of things , isn't that much, if you keep your boots even for  1 season, and wear them a lot.

We all have to cut our coat, to fit the cloth ,we have

Honored Contributor

How does the bottom line compare with other sites?  I mean adding tax, shipping, etc?  Also, factoring any rebates you may receive with each site such as Ebates, etc.

I try to look at the grand total when making a purchase:

Cost + Shipping & Handling + Tax - Rebates = _______

Regular Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

That shipping charge is crazy, and no, other sites do not charge that much. Once you add taxes, you've got over $140 invested, and then if they don't fit, add more on for a return. For boots, I'll visit my local Macy's or another B&M store to try them on - and not pay shipping.

AND QVC also factors the price of the shipping charge into the amount they tax you for; I'm not sure that's legal.

Honored Contributor

@Huge Hannah wrote:

@jannabelle1 wrote:

That shipping charge is crazy, and no, other sites do not charge that much. Once you add taxes, you've got over $140 invested, and then if they don't fit, add more on for a return. For boots, I'll visit my local Macy's or another B&M store to try them on - and not pay shipping.

AND QVC also factors the price of the shipping charge into the amount they tax you for; I'm not sure that's legal.

@Huge Hannah: It depends on the state you live in. Each state has different laws about whether shipping and handling charges are taxable. Merchants are obligated to collect tax on S&H if you live in one of those states where it's required. Woman Frustrated

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~