Esteemed Contributor

Re: $106 dollars For stretch yoga pants??

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That does seem a little expensive for loungewear. But if it's well made and lasts then I think the price might be okay so why not.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

What do you think the "Housewives" and others of their ilk pay for their yoga pants?  I'd think some of them would pay far more than that. I know they exist, and I suspect in their world, there's heavy-duty competition. Thank heavens I don't feel a need to compete with them. 

Honored Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

I posted a remark about the cost of this line of clothing.  I was told that unless I owned a piece, I have no right to question the price....I responded that unless they were made of cashmere, they are over-priced.....hope the snarks aren't on the board tonight!!

How dare anyone say that you can't question the price of anything ????  I will never question someone's right to purchase something, however the price of said item is Always open to be questioned !!!!

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

If I paid $106 for a pair of yoga pants, I would be Barefoot--cause I wouldn't be able to afford shoes!!! lol...

Honored Contributor

I took a look and read some of the reviews.  Many complained that the fabric stretches out way too much, plus it sheds and it's not all that well made.

Respected Contributor

Yoga pants?  They are listed as lounge pants.  Two different things.

Honored Contributor

Don't look at Lululemons yoga pants then. 

They are $98 to $118 usually.

Yes, I've paid that.

I do a bit of yoga, but I wear pants like the BD ones out and about.  Athlesuire is what I"m into when not working so I'll pay the money if it's a good quality.  I didn't buy the BD ones as I think they'd stretch out too much.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

Don't look at Lululemons yoga pants then. 

They are $98 to $118 usually.

Yes, I've paid that.

I do a bit of yoga, but I wear pants like the BD ones out and about.  Athlesuire is what I"m into when not working so I'll pay the money if it's a good quality.  I didn't buy the BD ones as I think they'd stretch out too much.

Heart

Exactly how I feel Smiley Happy

Deb

Honored Contributor

They're really not for yoga but the cut/style of them is apparently what women once wore to practice yoga. That said, the women I know that do yoga have never worn pants in this style, lol.

I own a few pairs of yoga pants by Danskin; bought them at Walmart. I wear them to and from the gym over my cycle shorts or capris (depending on my workout) during cooler weather. If I need to stop somewhere, then I'm covered. 

To me, these are comfy lounge at home pants. I have the same style in cashmere and love them on a cold winter day when we're staying in and relaxing due to rain or snow (especially after a bubble bath). For me, it's a treat, like a silk robe. 

As for Barefoot Dreams, I don't care for the fabric... but that's me.