Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@songbird wrote:

I posted something earlier about Isaac offering so much 100% cotton tops.  I usually avoid em as they shrink & stretch sidways, etc. after washing them.  I own one of them because I neglected to see that it was 100% cotton till after I got it.  It's that top with the rounded hem.  You know what I'm talking about.  I liked it.  Well I washed in cold water, etc.  then because of the blizaard whatever howling outside my house.  I put it in the dryer.  It's a shrunken mess.  I will toss it the minute I can go outside without fighting 4 foot drifts.  I only wore it once.  Thank you Issac.

Better yet, my last Isaac l00% cotton,which I love and have great success with, I washed cold on "hand wash" cycle, and laid flat to dry, shrunk one good size. He better check with Excel and their design teams to see what inferior product they are selling and he's hawking.

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

Even though good 100% cotton looks pretty when it's new and feels great in hot, humid weather, I still try to avoid it because it takes more care than lots of other fabrics which look as good and are almost as comfortable.

Sounds to me as if OP is more angry with herself than with Isaac -  that she knew she should have line dried that shirt.  The mess she got is only someone else's fault if she followed the care instructions and still got that shrinkage.

Technically I did follow instructions.  Its says machine wash/tumble dry.  I would never put anything 100% in a machine.  But I did.  Tumble dry.  No more top.  I will look in to returning it.  But It's been worn and washed (miserably)

I kept mine, too @songbird. Too much trouble to go thru all that. I wore mine under a cardigan, although too snug to wear alone.

Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I buy a few cotton t-shirts from Eddie Bauer every year when they are on sale.  They wash and dry great. 

Same here: love 100% cotton and have beautiful luck with Care instructions. 

Honored Contributor

I usually buy 100% cotton tops one size larger because I know they will shrink. I bought a few of Isaac's short sleeve v-neck tees in all cotton and sure enough they shrank a bit in cold water wash and low heat dryer. I can still wear them though because I ordered up one size.