I am very disappointed in the recent trend in Denim & Co. and Quacker Factory of adding clothing without cotton or adding Polyester blends.  These fabrics are just plain HOT here in the south with our high humidity (even in the Winter!)  Cotton fabrics are much more breatheable and far more comfortable.  It's true, they show a few more wrinkles from time to time, but comfort is key here. Denim has always been a traditionally casual fabric for comfort wear.  Please revert to a more comfortable fabric choice.

Respected Contributor

100%  cotton though doesn't hold its shape as well and it tends to fade.  I like a little poly or spandex.

Esteemed Contributor

I understand your wanting all cotton in the south, I agree.  The only thing is I like some poly w/the cotton because it does make it easier to handle, i.e. as in ironing.  What I don't like is adding spandex.  I have found that they don't keep their shape while wearing and you still have to iron.  Spandex is okay in pants, but don't like it in shirts.

Honored Contributor

I'd prefer they offer some of both  - sometimes I want cotton, sometimes I'm perfectly happy with the addition of a bit of spandex or with polyester.

I don't like lots of spandex whether I'm in NY or FL -  just don't like the texture of heavily spandexed materials.

Honored Contributor

I hate spandex in tops, it clings in all of the wrong places, and it's hot .

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Thank you ! I so agree!

It is so difficult to find cotton and the right kind-just a cool 100% nice cotton.

I think rayon is fairly cool also.

I've also noticed there can be different qualities of cotton and rayon but thats another subject.

In the stores I've looked at dresses and tops and even when sleeveless, they are a heavy material or scratchy with that non-breathable material.

Impossible when its 97-to over 100 degrees every day!

I have 2 tops that I found a few years ago that are real cool breathable cotton. I've sewn them over and over-they have holes, bleach stains-I cannot throw them out even though they do look like rags. I wear them around the house and until I find something like them,  i'll just have to keep looking like I have nothing else!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

I really like a little poly mixed with cotton tops.  The cotton/poly blend holds its shape and retains color much better than 100% cotton.  I absolutely despise spandex in tops.  It looks and feels like a rubber suit.  It pills after it is washed and it is hotter than hades.  Temps here have been over 90 degrees with high humidity for a month now.  I don't sweat any more in cotton/poly than I do 100% cotton. 

I understand some may prefer all cotton but I just hope the Denim & Co. team eliminates the spandex from their tops and adds a little poly.  Works for me. 

Respected Contributor

I want a blend. Nothing fades faster than 100% Cotton!  For all colors a blend takes and holds the colors. All I have to do is look at my kids t-shirts and the blends look like new and the cotton goes to the trash, so faded. I wash EVERYTHING including socks inside out. 

Also I want some spandex for shape!

It couldn't get any hotter and humid where I am in costal south!  

Honored Contributor

I am like the OP.  I don't buy much from Q any more because there is so much rayon, poly, and spandex.  A little spandex is fine in cottom tops, but not much for me.  I can't stand these poly tops either.  Rayon is saggy too.

For t's I buy from LL Bean and Land's Eng and always get pima cotton now.  I buy from Talbots too, but it is often they also have symthetics I avoid.

I hate these blends that have less and less cotton.  And the quality of the cotton Q sells has gone way down and prices WAY up.  NO thanks.

Honored Contributor

I like a blend with mostly cotton. I have a couple really nice blouses out of 100% cotton knit  and by the end of the day, they are out of shape and bag at the elbow. I wash them in cold and hang to dry and so far have been able to wear them but still like the blends better.