Valued Contributor

Re: 100% Cotton Please!

[ Edited ]

Cotton crops have been poor lately, and the price has gone up.  It's not just here that blends are more available.  I don't like polyester and rayon makes me itch, so I hunt for 100% cotton.  The prices have really increased.

I don't have problems with cotton fading or shrinking it it's pima cotton, and cut properly to the grain of the cloth.  I wash clothes only in cold and hang to dry, unless they are really dirty.

Honored Contributor

Another vote for cotton from me. Some of us have medical issues and can only wear cotton.

Honored Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

100%  cotton though doesn't hold its shape as well and it tends to fade.  I like a little poly or spandex.

My preference is cotton/modal/spandex blend.  Much cooler than100% cotton, and it doesn't get all soggy in the hot weather. 

Honored Contributor

Cotton is a wonderful fabric. But it has it's downsides as well. It wrinkles easily and it shows perspiration. Relatively expensive and not a good sustainable option for fabric.

There's a relatively new textile in the industry. It's called Lyocell or some call it Tencel.

It's properties are similar to cotton but softer, more durable than cotton, more breathable, highly sustainable, eco-friendly to make and wrinkles less. Right now it's not a common fiber because manufacturing is still slow and expensive. Designers, have used some of it in their clothes. Isaac is one of them. Hope to see more of this fabric.

Honored Contributor

I live in the desert.  It gets hot.  I vastly prefer a cotton/poly blend.  To me it's cooler than dense hot, wrinkly 100% cotton.  My cotton/poly breathes just fine.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I buy men cotton XXL T shirts just to sleep in. Not much for the girlie PJ's.  I want warmth and my pets do not mind, never mooned because they go past the knee.