Esteemed Contributor

1 Jumpsuit/3 Outfits...your opinions...

I finally found a jumpsuit that I can live with, but it took me quite a while to figure out how to style it because it's sleeveless, and I don't do sleeveless (those days are over).  And it's a silhouette I don't usually wear...I don't have many tops short enough or fitted enough, and I agree with the old advice about wearing a shorter, fitted top with wide, flowy pants.

I came up with these outfits, but would love your opinion (am I mad!!?? hahaha).  Which one do you like the best?  The least?  None of the above?  What tweaks would you make?  Is the inseam good?

Wearing it in cooler/cold weather should also be an option with base layers and booties, but the two cashmere sweaters I'm thinking of are in storage right now.

The jumpsuit and the tops were all thrifted...the blouses were all $3-$5.  The black wrap-over jumpsuit is Tiana B.  It was marked $15, but half-off day and a coupon = $6.50.  It's well-made...similar to JJill's wearever fabric or Cico's Travelers (I'm not a fan of either), but smoother and much more substantial.

I look pale 'cuz I have no make-up on!

I'm going out on a limb here, but here's the jumpsuit without a topper (I really am mad!) and a close-up to show detail...the fit is good, but not great (trust me, I'm standing as straight as I can and holding it all in hahaha).  Even if it had sleeves, I couldn't wear it without a topper 'cuz it's a little snug around my waist and shows my muffin top...

20210515_155744.jpg

20210515_155810.jpg

Tie is tucked inside wrap in outfits 2 and 3...

Outfit #1...

No name (no tags) sheer embroidered blouse

Donald Pliner sandals

20210515_160134.jpg

It's not shiny in real life

20210515_164427.jpg

Outfit #2...

Linen watercolor blouse from Tianello...never heard of it...looked it up and this blouse is still on their website (Xander Linen Loving Blouse) on sale for $98.  I think I got a better deal haha!

Croc sandals

20210515_161235.jpg

Outfit #3...

Lafayette blouse

Black/white cheap plastic belt (but fun and long enough to do the loop-de-loop!)...and I mean cheap...thrifted for $.50

Nine West black/white hat (Marshall's)

Donald Pliner sandals

Marc Jacobs bag

20210515_161838.jpg

20210515_161915.jpg

Have at it!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

Re: 1 Jumpsuit/3 Outfits...your opinions...

@MacDUFF @I love all three outfits you put together. You look great in them. 

Respected Contributor

I think you look great without a topper, but if you insist 😉.

I think I would like number one with the blouse worn open as a jacket. I would like to see that it’s a jumpsuit and with the blouses buttoned you can’t really tell.

Honored Contributor

I like #3 the best,Heart then #2, then #1.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF   I think you look great in all three, including the sleeveless option, btw.  

With the first option, the embroidered blouse, I think I might prefer it to be left open?  Did you look at it that way?  I think the other options are really good just the way they are.  You look especially good in the watercolor top.

Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF   I love #1.  That is a beautiful blouse!  All 3 look great on you.  Like you in a hat!

Respected Contributor

Thought I'd also say that the two other blouses might also look really nice left open, unbuttoned, unbelted.  Just a little breezier I think.  Maybe you want to give that a try?  It's nice to have a few ways to wear things ....

Honored Contributor

I like #2.  In #3 you can't tell you are wearing a jumpsuit so what is the point and don't care for the blouse in #1.  

Honored Contributor

I like #3 best.

How about wearing something under the jumpsuit.  Below are two ideas...you choose the colors?  Not suggesting the sneakers and rolled up legs, though, unless you like both.  

See the source image

See the source image

Valued Contributor

All three versions look great on you.  You have style.