Respected Contributor

i agree with @millieshops  ... i can see it on a young lady in the entertainment field at some kind of event.   those shorts are really pretty !!

Respected Contributor

Maybe I'll pick up a couple for my gift closet.

Honored Contributor

The model better not sit down because linen wrinkles quickly and she will be a wrinled mess.  I do not care for the style.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I do love the design of the material but not the puffed sleeves and bow in back.  I say if there are those who can afford this blouse, go for it.  But of course for the average earner, it's much too costly.

Honored Contributor

It's worse than the Seinfeld puffy shirt!

jerry seinfeld puffy shirt | Jerry seinfeld, Seinfeld, Seinfeld ...

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor
I could see Villanelle killing someone while wearing it. Any of my Eve fans agree?
Esteemed Contributor

It reminds me of the Seinfeld episode of the Puffy shirt. 🤣  Boy what I could do with that amount of money. 

Honored Contributor

The blouse is not my style or priced for my budget. There is, however, pure artistry involved in the design and execution of the print/lace/scalloping on the blouse. 

Respected Contributor

Re: $1,600 Blouse

[ Edited ]

I won't discuss the pros and cons of the style here, but let's see if I can explain why this blouse is so expensive.

The pattern making and insertion of the varying lacy insets is not something that comes in a by-the-yard bolt in a fabric store.  It is a complicated process of overlaying the cut out lace over the linen background, the proper placement, the sewing on of the lace and the cutting out of the linen background.  A quality product like this has to be done by hand.  I worked on this process only once (and believe me, that was enough).  I might add that the lace inserts on this blouse are not single run inserts, but rather complicated with various shapes.

There's several youtube instructions for simpler versions of straight ribbon run laces, but not like this one.

If you're interested:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrmeGHBjdTg

ETA:  The youtube is a bit wonky and takes a minute to load after an error message.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

All I can think is how my dogs would get poop all over it. Bulldogs are known for having to have their butts wiped lol