Honored Contributor

Re: 🛍️🛍️A.M. Style Live Chat🛍️🛍️

I received some orders this week.  I now have new pots and pans, new dishes, a tea kettle (lol) and new silverware.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Valued Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@BriggsiePeawiggle

Wow, you're taking the train from metro Detroit to Seattle?  Did you reserve a sleeping car?

Yes. I got a roomette where 2 large recliners are switched into a bed with a mattress added on top. I could never do it from coach. I'm leaving from Royal Oak.

Valued Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@BriggsiePeawiggle  I think it's a post OP (post operative) fracture.

Thanks. I couldn't figure it out. That would be horrible.

Honored Contributor

@BriggsiePeawiggle  Thank goodness.  I learned the hard way about a sleeping car.

My sister and I were returning to NYC and decided that instead of flying we would try the train.  Prior train trips were on Canada's via rail.  I had never done an American train.  My only defense is that I was ignorant :-)

Good God!  We departed from a depot somewhere downtown - it wasn't the old historic train station - that was already in ruins.

Did you know Toledo is the glass capital of the world?  Well, it is.  We barely got out of the Detroit area when water started running down the aisle.  We ended up in the train station at Toledo - the glass capital of the world.  

Eventually we got on another train.  The train was freezing cold that night.  It stopped so many times I half expected someone to get on with a goat or chicken.  I got up to use the restroom in the middle of the night and stumbled upon a couple doing something private in the small lounge area outside the stalls.  By then I was so tired and ticked off I just said - do what you do, I have to go to the bathroom.  Seriously.

I think it took us over 18 hours to get to NYC.  The first thing I did at the train station was go to the counter, plop down my Visa and say, I will pay you anything for a sleeping car for the return trip.

It was nice having seating that converted to bunk beds.  I especially enjoyed having a private toilet.

Honored Contributor

I am going to get some "work" done- all of the things that have gone undone throughout the week, but I'll check back in here and there as I take breaks.

I hope everyone has a restful weekend. Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono  Try to squeeze in some rest this weekend Lola.  You have lots to do and it's such an emotional time.  

Honored Contributor

Talk me out of the Josie makes the argan oil creme the best thing since sliced bread Smiley Happy

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@BriggsiePeawiggle

Hi and thanks one wrong move one week post op and he fractured the Greater Trochanter, he was on 20 lb weight for 4 weeks it was heeling well when we saw the doc in April, fast forward to this week, a piece of bone has broken off and has to be surgically repaired with pins or mesh or what ever, one to two night hospital stay etc etc

@BriggsiePeawiggle wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

Good morning ladies B is still asleep, it has been a chaotic few days around here.

B had a followup with his "hip" surgeon on Tuesday and the post OP fracture is not healing as it should. He referred him to another surgeon at HSS. The original appt for two weeks from now was moved the Wednesday after the new doc saw the X rays, he was told surgery is needed to repari the issue.

He spent the better part o the last two days at HSS pre op test MRI etc.

My Dad "freaked" out when we told him what was going on. What happened when ... wanting to know all the details, How were are going to get there how I am going to get home, there are times he still thinks I am 12 years old.

B will have the repair surgery Tuesday afternoon.

But in the meantime we are going to a wddding tomorrow night and staying out on LI for the night, time not so great but we need the break from reality.

YIKES!!! Not sure what OP fracture is. What happened? I had both my hips repaired within the past year and a half and feel better than I have in years. I hope he heals up quickly.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Talk me out of the Josie makes the argan oil creme the best thing since sliced bread Smiley Happy

I like it too, but not when it smells like food.  Does that help?

Honored Contributor

I do like grapefruit scent, hate tings like strawberry and watermelon