Trusted Contributor

Re: 🛍️🛍️A.M. Style Live Chat🛍️🛍️

Image result for sorry for your loss images

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@lolakimono

you are SO right-- what a long week you had.

@LTT1

Not as long as SIL's- SIL had her double mastectomy last Thursday, left the hospital on Friday, and had her post-op yesterday.  She was devastated to learn that they wouldn't remove the drains yesterday, so she continues to be uncomfortable and trying to "dodge" hugs from all of these people she doesn't know.  She will have to do radiation (6 weeks).  

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

full day?

usually it's broken up mornings evenings

@jackthebear

We live about 45 minutes from his mom, and so does his brother.  His sister is about an hour and 15 minutes- everything depending on traffic, of course.  When we go there in the morning 10-11, we are there pretty much until 9, or whenever the service/clean up are over.  

Of course 

you need to be there with his mother as well 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono

I cannot believe his grandmother is 99! That says a lot.❤️

Poor DSIL... I don't know how she can endure this.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Super Contributor

Morning all! Down to 7 more days!!!!! We had field day yesterday and it was a good one. Helicopter landed to kick it off and the kids loved that!

I am in a clothing rut. It's my least favorite fashion time of year. I have always had a hard trine spring dressing.
How about you guys? What are you wearing? I hit a new low by breaking out a d&c skort this week for work.....
Honored Contributor

I am now on skin-trial products after suffering allergic reaction on my lids in Jan.

I am looking in to oils.

Re-ordered JM Argan 

Going to wash my face with it tonight... DUH I have had this product around (small) for about five years.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning all

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Every family seems to "do their" own thing these days with regard to Shiva, my Moms funeral was Tuesday but we did not sit until Saturday night and Sunday afternoon.

@jackthebear wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

It has been a really lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnng week.  Just to recap, for those who didn't see the details...

Last Friday, BF's dad was in rehab for a stroke he suffered about 10 days prior.  He was supposed to be discharged last Saturday from the rehab place.

He had another, bigger stroke on Friday, and they discovered that he had pneumonia.  They thought that he might have had a heart attack as well.

Saturday we went to the hospital, to discover from an MRI that he had had 30+ strokes.  We stayed most of Saturday at the hospital and returned on Sunday.  Sunday evening they transferred him to hospice. They agreed to do "comfort" measures and nothing else.  We went to visit BF's grandma (age 99) because no one had been to see her that week with the "events".  BF's father usually called her every day (even from the rehab center) so she was starting to suspect that something was up.

I went to work on Monday, and had an acupuncture appointment after school, so I didn't get home until about 6:30.  BF was summoned on Monday as his father had taken a turn since his arrival to hospice on Sunday.  BF was at the hospice center all day Monday.  The doctor reported that he was "transitioning."

On Tuesday I went to work, taught four classes back to back, then duty, then an hour of after school help.  Then I dashed home, fed the Meowers, and hopped on a train to avoid the traffic.  I was on the train for about an hour before arriving at the stop closest to hospice.  We went to grab some dinner for his family and stayed at hospice until 8, then took his mother home.  I got home after 9.

On Wednesday I had already requested the morning off (during my planning) to do my MRI.  As I was leaving for the MRI, BF's mom texted to report that hospice had called her to get there right away.  He passed a bit after 7 a.m. on Wednesday.  BF went to the funeral home to make arrangements, and I went to school to teach all of my classes and write two days of sub plans in about an hour and a half.

We had the service on Thursday, and then sat shiva for the rest of the day.  We got there at 10 and I stayed until about 7.  

Friday we were there to receive friends/family, but there was no "service."  Today is the bar mitzvah that I needed to purchase the concert tees for, but we won't be attending the party.  BF is planning on going to the service this a.m.

Today people will come over to the house, but nothing official as it's Saturday.  I have about 10 hours of grading to get done today, so I'm sure that I'll be in and out of here, taking breaks as I get tired of grading.

Sunday and Monday are full days of shiva.  Cat Sad

full day?

usually it's broken up mornings evenings

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Java

Sounds like the helicopter was a hit!

I am trying leggings for a change😏😏

5B1B9E49-03E7-4C8C-A368-1BD942624693-3124-000002DD5147D412.jpeg + IMG_0185.JPG

Honored Contributor

I received my Bob Mackie embroidered bird tee on the same day Jacque G. left QVC.  Ironic - she sold me the top the week before :-(

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise