Honored Contributor

Re: 🛍️🛍️A.M. Style Live Chat🛍️🛍️

@LTT1

They do!Cat Very Happy

I posted them earlier, with the cat socks.  They are gray and pink.

When I went to get the picture for the thread, I saw that they also had these.

Turtle socks

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

You need them!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1   I used ViaRail to get to Toronto Ontario.  I used Amtrak to get to NYC.  

Briggsie is the poster who's departing from Royal Oak MI and heading to Seattle.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

wrote:

@lolakimono@I am still oxox@twinny70@luvzchiz@Eliana

I was 50 when I lost my dad. Do not know how this would compare with others' experiences. I do know that he was the first of the "parents" to leave us. He had his first open heart surgery when he was 50ish and his mother passed at 50 from a heart attack.

Bye all -- have a lovely weekend! Thanks for the chat!

I feel extremely blessed to have had my Mom with me until 3 months before my 60th birthday 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

I was 50 when I lost my dad. Do not know how this would compare with others' experiences. I do know that he was the first of the "parents" to leave us. He had his first open heart surgery when he was 50ish and his mother passed at 50 from a heart attack.

@LTT1  My dad passed away 20 years ago of emphysema at the age of 60; I was 28.  My mom is still with us.  She will be 81 soon.

Esteemed Contributor

@Eliana wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

@LTT1  My dad passed away 20 years ago of emphysema at the age of 60; I was 28.  My mom is still with us.  She will be 81 soon.

My dad passed away in 1991.  He had just turned 70 & I was 42 years old.  He was at the oral surgeon & lost all of his vital signs & was dead 4 hours later.  Mom felt guilty because she hadn't gone with him, but I was totally at peace because dad had said many many times that when it was his turn to go, he hoped that he went quickly.  My mom died last March at 95.

Honored Contributor

My Dad was 73 years old when he died 4 months after my husband died in 2007.  I was 44 when they both died.

Ma was 84 years old when she died in 2010.  I was 48 then.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama wrote:

@BriggsiePeawiggle  Thank goodness.  I learned the hard way about a sleeping car.

My sister and I were returning to NYC and decided that instead of flying we would try the train.  Prior train trips were on Canada's via rail.  I had never done an American train.  My only defense is that I was ignorant :-)

Good God!  We departed from a depot somewhere downtown - it wasn't the old historic train station - that was already in ruins.

Did you know Toledo is the glass capital of the world?  Well, it is.  We barely got out of the Detroit area when water started running down the aisle.  We ended up in the train station at Toledo - the glass capital of the world.  

Eventually we got on another train.  The train was freezing cold that night.  It stopped so many times I half expected someone to get on with a goat or chicken.  I got up to use the restroom in the middle of the night and stumbled upon a couple doing something private in the small lounge area outside the stalls.  By then I was so tired and ticked off I just said - do what you do, I have to go to the bathroom.  Seriously.

I think it took us over 18 hours to get to NYC.  The first thing I did at the train station was go to the counter, plop down my Visa and say, I will pay you anything for a sleeping car for the return trip.

It was nice having seating that converted to bunk beds.  I especially enjoyed having a private toilet.

@Bird mama  Sounds like a ride on the dis-orient express.  At least you didn't derail...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:
@lolakimono
The socks are adorbs!

@LTT1

Thanks!

They have giraffe ones too.

Giraffe no-show socks

@lolakimono- where did you find the giraffe socks?  They're adorable.

Just finished reading the thread.  I'm so sorry you've had such a rough time lately and I'm sorry for the loss of your BF's dad.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh

Thank you.

The socks are from J. Crew Factory.