Honored Contributor

๐ŸŠโ€โ™€๏ธ ๐ŸŠโ€โ™€๏ธ One Piece Bathing Suits ๐ŸŠโ€โ™€๏ธ ๐ŸŠโ€โ™€๏ธ

I might be in the market for a new one.  I haven't purchased a suit in at least 7 years.  This year I may join the family for the annual beach vacation; this means ocean and pool exposure, and keeping up with kids aged 2-14, so nothing low cut, strapless or skimpy.  I also prefer patterns to solids, and I don't love underwire suits.  I prefer suits without black, as it makes me even more washed out than normal.  

Have you seen any that you like?

I saw this one at Dillard's- Cremieux

Cremieux Paisley Halter One-Piece

Cremieux Paisley Halter One-Piece

I would need to try it on as it appears to be low cut on the model.

I also saw this Tommy Bahama one at Nordstrom-

I'm not sure if a halter is too fussy.  I don't have any in that style.

Honored Contributor

Re: ๐ŸŠโ€โ™€๏ธ ๐ŸŠโ€โ™€๏ธ One Piece Bathing Suits ๐ŸŠโ€โ™€๏ธ ๐ŸŠโ€โ™€๏ธ

They're both really cute @lolakimono!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Re: ๐ŸŠโ€โ™€๏ธ ๐ŸŠโ€โ™€๏ธ One Piece Bathing Suits ๐ŸŠโ€โ™€๏ธ ๐ŸŠโ€โ™€๏ธ

@lolakimono

Both of them are cute but would the first one require help getting fastened?

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono I just ordered A288808 in shock value.  I prefer a 2 piece but I got a little large.....next I will go to a tankini.  My fave place to buy has been Athleta.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

@lolakimono

Both of them are cute but would the first one require help getting fastened?

@Texasmouse

I thought about that, but I bet it's one that you could step into once you have it tied the way you want.

BF could probably manage a tie.  What he can't do is any hooks- no fine motor skills to do the delicate snaps/closures.

Honored Contributor

@MickD wrote:

@lolakimono I just ordered A288808 in shock value.  I prefer a 2 piece but I got a little large.....next I will go to a tankini.  My fave place to buy has been Athleta.

@MickD

That's a good price!  Did you get it yet to be able to report about how it fits?  

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono it is on it's way....I am a 10 but sized up....I will post

a review once I get it...and it is a great price!

Honored Contributor

@MickD

I never think of Athleta for swimwear.Cat Surprised

I found this one, but the supporting strap looks thin and I'm not sure about the solid bottom, kind of like a strange optical illusion?

I like this one better, but it too is a halter.

I like the muted colors and the ruching.  

Trusted Contributor

Very cute! I love the back in the first one. Did you order one?

Honored Contributor

@DukeBlueNan wrote:

Very cute! I love the back in the first one. Did you order one?

@DukeBlueNan

No, I am still not sure if I will go to the beach yet.  If I don't go, there is no need for a suit. Cat Happy

It is probably one of my least favorite things to shop for, although I have had luck previously with Land's End and L.L. Bean.  This year their offerings in one piece suits are a bit blah. Cat Indifferent