Respected Contributor

tried windows 8 and do not like it at all........prefer windows 7 and want optical drive pre installed.

talk about confusing and cannot fathom why microsoft changed a good thing.

returned from computer store and while there tried the windows 8 lap tops.....hate windows 8. forget about needing time to acclimate......really hate windows 8. other people also tried those lap tops at the computer store, and i cannot type their responsesSmiley Happy.

another reason i hate new os versions is because i paid good $ for a lot of items that worked in the previous version, but will not work in newest versions, and i think this stinks and we have microsoft to blame for that......... greedy, greedy, and greedier.

i looked on youtube and plenty more hate windows 8.

i did an internet search and read editors reviews of windows 8. some liked but many did not like at all.

windows 7 was the best.....learned mistakes from vista and corrected them with windows 7.

now i will stick with windows 7.

also i like optical drives on my lap tops. i still watch dvd blue ray movies on my laptops which are not available in streaming so i want the dvd/cd optical drive option in any lap top i purchase. don't need microsoft dictating to me why or that i don't need an optical drive so one was not installed.

i don't want to buy a separate optical drive either because just another item to lug around, so i want it offered as part of the lap top and desk top.