Honored Contributor

soooooo frustrated (touch)- upgraded my Iphone

[ Edited ]

well went with my son & dil yesterday to Apple store (my 1st mistake.🙄..3.5 hours).  

They we're buying the newest watches & of course, convinced me to "upgrade" my 6s to the "latest & greatest" RED Iphone. Ok, everything went smoothly except:

1) my old phone was "smaller" & easy to the touch

This phone is "stiff" on the home button & i end up instead of going to home screen SIRi keeps asking to help me😤😤😤😤😤😤😖😖😖😖😖

I cant "push" the home button like my old phone...it's like it's stuck...

That being said I'm sooooooooo frustrated with this cumbersome phone & with trying to use it.  I called Apple they had me "change" the touch--still the same.

Having Rhuematoid arthritis of my fingers/hands is a real challenge as I don't have the ability anymore to "click" vs "touch" home button.

Any suggestions....grrrrrr...wish I hadn't upgraded only thing wrong was my phone wasn't holding a charge☹️

Valued Contributor

Re: soooooo frustrated (touch)- upgraded my Iphone

Sorry for your phone troubles. Do you have a window of time to return this new phone and pick out another?

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1.  No suggestions just wanted to say I purchased an IPhone a few months ago and got the 6s!  I didn't want any newer ones as I haven't heard great things about them. 

Sorry you are having a hard time. Takes getting used to I guess.

Respected Contributor

Siri is activated when you hold the Home button town instead of tapping it. If that's an issue because of the arthritis, you can disable Siri so that does not happen. Here are directions: https://www.iotransfer.net/tips/how-to-disable-siri-on-iphone-ios-11-360.php

If you're having dexterity issues, you may also want to investigate the Accessibility features, like Assistive Touch. You can read more about it here: https://www.imore.com/how-use-assistivetouch-iphone-and-ipad

This page talks about how to customize Assistive Touch: https://www.imore.com/how-use-assistivetouch-iphone-and-ipad

Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland

thank you Apple care went thru those steps too but other features ie google won't work.

@proudlyfromNJ@embgm

yup....thinking learning curve OR phone not for me!  oh no, maybe I'm just getting too old for learning... not really ...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 Can you get back to the Apple Store? They have wonderful support.  I'm sure they can very quickly get you through you anxiety.  By the way, I believe you can make an appointment for support in person so you don't have to be there quite so long.  (I understand completely....when I got my i Phone 7, I was there for hours.  The Apple Stores are incredibly busy all the time!!!!!!!!).  Good luck!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1

Go back to the Apple Store.  You can call to make an appointment.  Let them "fix" the phone so that it will be easier for you to use.

OR

Call AppleCare back & let them know their suggestion is not working for you.  Stay on the phone w/them until they makes things right!

OR

YOu have 14 days from the date of purchase to return your iPhone for a full refund w/no questions asked.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

OP, couldn't you have just gotten a new battery in the old phone?  I thought Apple had a special deal on batteries because they got caught 'slowing down' older phones.   I think it is $39.00 for the new battery until the end of the year.  I have the Iphone SE which I think is the 6.  I looked for the smallest one I could find, didn't want a big clunky thing.

Contributor

@homedecor1

I have the same exact thoughts, problems,and RH. I got my phone on a GREAT Thanksgiving detal.  I also find the home button to be a pain and cant push it down very well. But, I am going to make a appt. as was suggested to you and see if it helps Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

@homedecor1 Can you get back to the Apple Store? They have wonderful support.  I'm sure they can very quickly get you through you anxiety.  By the way, I believe you can make an appointment for support in person so you don't have to be there quite so long.  (I understand completely....when I got my i Phone 7, I was there for hours.  The Apple Stores are incredibly busy all the time!!!!!!!!).  Good luck!!!!!!!!!

@homedecor1.  The Apple stores here let you make an appt. with email. That way you have a designated time.