Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess

Apple still makes some phones with smaller footprints. 

Honored Contributor

Re: samsung smart phones

[ Edited ]

@Nuttmeg even though I use a MAC, I started with Android and like it.  Hubby has an iPhone but it's bigger than my Android, and more expensive.

There are smaller Androids too, but they didn't have the features I wanted.

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest

Verizon has a promotion online which includes Samsung and iPhones. 

You can find information about plans on the front page of the site. The is a Pdf brochure that outlines the data plans. 

Stetson Doggett is my favorite YouTube wireless plan person. 

Nick Ackerman and Sakitech have good channels. 

My last tip. If you decide to buy an A71 or an A51. These two mid-priced phones are best used on a Verizon's pre-paid network. You do buy flagship phones with a company unlimited plan. 

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@goldensrbest

You can find information about plans on the front page of the site. The is a Pdf brochure that outlines the data plans. 

My last tip. If you decide to buy an A71 or an A51. These two mid-priced phones are best used on a Verizon's pre-paid network. You do buy flagship phones with a company unlimited plan. 

I have never heard of many of the carriers,on stetson doggett.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@goldensrbest

I have never heard of many of the carriers,on stetson Doggett.

@goldensrbest 

All the companies buy service like Tracfone from Verizon and  are resellers.

The companies only have a website. A customer orders a Sim card, installs it and signs up. 

Honored Contributor

Re: samsung smart phones

[ Edited ]

I have the Samsung S9.  Love their phones.  Purchased it from Amazon unlocked.  So I paid for it in full.  Shopped around for a carrier. Only one with a Samsung.  The rest of my family has Apple phones & my husband has the Apple 10.  Have never had a tracfone in my life.  Samsung just does not only make phones.  They originally supplied Apple with their technical savvy.  And they were Apples consultant.  This happened before an argument and feud happened between the two companies. But up until then, they were Apples's allies.  They are biggest makes of semi conductors in the world.  And they are biggest makers of smart/QLED etc TV's.  LG is a distant 2nd.  They are biggest employer in the world  They are the world's biggest suppliers of tanks, self-propelled howitzers, and jet engines. they are also  one of the world's biggest insurance company.  the name Samsung means 3 stars in Korean.

Respected Contributor

Currently using Samsung J7 the last two years, but started out with the Samsung S3 back in 2012.  So, that S3 lasted me at least 6 years and was still going strong.  My son talked me into upgrading to the J7.  Never had a problem with either phone.  I use Verizon as my carrier.

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Esteemed Contributor

Samsung J3 from Consumer Cellular.   I wouldn't give up my Consumer Cellular service for anything!   I've only had a smart phone since this January, so no opinions on the phone itself.  The phone cost me $50 and monthly service is $25.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt