Respected Contributor

need imac itunes problem expert replies please

i received an audio cd for Christmas gift and tried to install in my super drive of imac.

it was recently released and i usually listened to it on you tube, but then a friend saw it became available on amazon's site and bought it for me as a belated Christmas gift.

in my deep grief after losing both my mom and husband 2 weeks apart last year, that music was so comforting to me, and the only thing i constantly played which gave me some hope that both my mom and husband were now in God's heavenly kingdom.

i am using itunes version 11.0.1 the latest version which auto downloaded today.

even though the itunes automatic ask to import cd tab has always been checked in itunes the cd i insert goes into the imac super drive, but does not automatically add all tracks to the itunes library, and that add to library feature is missing from the latest apple itunes download of today. the audio cd goes in but then ejects. the cd appears on imac's desk top but when i click on it, it will not add the songs to my itunes library, it just ejects.

i also have a lot of cd's i purchased, and previous to this new itunes updated latest apple version, i never had any of these problems.

i played a dvd movie and the imac super drive works fine, but the audio cd will not play at all.

the cd did install on the mac laptop successfully but that was because i stopped the new itunes latest version download.

i would greatly appreciate "expert replies if anyone knows how to fix this dilemma", and my internet searches for helpful information did not provide a work around, or anything relative to this problem".

i need the imac since it is a very large screen and easier to use as my eyes become tired on laptops.

i hope "imac experts can offer replies to fix this dilemma", because my imac itunes has many video's and professional recordings of my mom who used to be a pro singer. i also have many of my deceased husband and mom singing together which i cannot afford to lose.

those are memories i certainly now cherish. i have them on cd's too, but still cannot use the imac super drive to add new audio or video items to my latest itunes auto download so they do not display in my itunes library.

i cannot understand why apple removed the functions to click on to add the cd tracks to my itunes library, nor why the itunes preferences ask to import cd feature does not display and operate.

this is so upsetting!

thanks in advance for any and all expert replies, and happy belated new year to everyone.