Honored Contributor

Re: iphone to Galaxy S8 - Opinions

My best friend helped me purchased my first iPhone...

he was Mr. iPhone of iPhone.  But he had one Galaxy friend who

convinced him he was missing out on the Next Big Thing.  

Whaaaa?

So he went to the other side of the tracks.  

I told him NOT to due to:

-) you can't go to a Galaxy Store if you have problems

and the biggest reason,

-) with technology, you want to be 'Sheeple' as much as possible.

If you are having an iPhone problem, since it's the most popular phone out there, there will be a zillion other people around the world & on the internet with the exact same issue.

No, no....we had to try it for 4 months.

And every time we had dinner (1-2x/wk), I had to hear him B

about his Galaxy phone....for 4 months.  

Too many buttons to press, too many 'moving parts.'  

He.Was.Miserable.  

Happiest day of my life was when we marched back in

to the Apple Store To buy him a new iPhone.

I love to hear him say, 'yes, you were right.'

And everything is right in Mr. iPhone's World. 

I know it sounds silly, but the 'Sheeple' comment is sosososo true.

When you're an outlier, no one can help you if you have issues.

Something to seriously think about.  HTH

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom, the main reason I'm contemplating the switch is that I do have an issue with my iPhone that many, many iPhone owners have as well, and have had since the 6 came out. Apple has refused to acknowledge, all this time, that there is a problem. There has been no help for it and there will be no help for it - and it has continued through the 7s across all carriers, so no reason to think it won't possibly/potentially exist in the 8s. If I purchased a brand new phone, I could return it if it doesn't function properly and get another one, but with my 6S I can't do that (see my long post in this thread). 

Apple is great unless they decide there is no problem. If Apple says there's nothing wrong with your phone, there's nothing wrong...even if there is. No recourse. That's the reason I even started this thread.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

My best friend helped me purchased my first iPhone...

he was Mr. iPhone of iPhone.  But he had one Galaxy friend who

convinced him he was missing out on the Next Big Thing.  

Whaaaa?

So he went to the other side of the tracks.  

I told him NOT to due to:

-) you can't go to a Galaxy Store if you have problems

and the biggest reason,

-) with technology, you want to be 'Sheeple' as much as possible.

If you are having an iPhone problem, since it's the most popular phone out there, there will be a zillion other people around the world & on the internet with the exact same issue.

No, no....we had to try it for 4 months.

And every time we had dinner (1-2x/wk), I had to hear him B

about his Galaxy phone....for 4 months.  

Too many buttons to press, too many 'moving parts.'  

He.Was.Miserable.  

Happiest day of my life was when we marched back in

to the Apple Store To buy him a new iPhone.

I love to hear him say, 'yes, you were right.'

And everything is right in Mr. iPhone's World. 

I know it sounds silly, but the 'Sheeple' comment is sosososo true.

When you're an outlier, no one can help you if you have issues.

Something to seriously think about.  HTH

The same applies to Samsung Galaxy phones if you have an issue.  You go to your carrier (1st stop).

If you have other issues, they are discussed widely on youtube, and the internet in general.  

A brick and mortar store doesn't give Apple an Edge in maintenance @sidsmom

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@sidsmom, the main reason I'm contemplating the switch is that I do have an issue with my iPhone that many, many iPhone owners have as well, and have had since the 6 came out. Apple has refused to acknowledge, all this time, that there is a problem. There has been no help for it and there will be no help for it - and it has continued through the 7s across all carriers, so no reason to think it won't possibly/potentially exist in the 8s. If I purchased a brand new phone, I could return it if it doesn't function properly and get another one, but with my 6S I can't do that (see my long post in this thread). 

Apple is great unless they decide there is no problem. If Apple says there's nothing wrong with your phone, there's nothing wrong...even if there is. No recourse. That's the reason I even started this thread.

Sounds like you don't have much of a choice.

'No recourse'.  

Odd.   Why was the thread started?  Obviously not for opinions. 

Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

'No recourse'.  

She did ask for opinions about the ease of usage overall for a Samsung coming from a former Iphone user.  You didn't supply her with anything that can make a decision @sidsmom.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

LG did this with some of their first iterations of their flat panel t.v.s  Refused to acknowledge there was a problem.  It was all over the internet and I was affected by it @Moonchilde.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

'No recourse'.  

LOL. The "no recourse" means that I don't have a return option on my current phone with Apple - there is no recourse with Apple, so I'm naturally hesitant to try a new iPhone. Not no recourse in what phone I ultimately buy. 

Why would you assume I meant I had no choice in what to buy? Odd that you read that into it. 

Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

LG did this with some of their first iterations of their flat panel t.v.s  Refused to acknowledge there was a problem.  It was all over the internet and I was affected by it @Moonchilde.

It's really frustrating, @itiswhatitis. It's all over the internet, this issue, if you google it. But there is no problem 😜 It doesn't exactly encourage me to jump to a new one as I probably would if I didn't have this issue, but that's a far cry from (apparently??) hating Apple and being an Android fangirl. I am on iPad #3 and iPhone #3, so hardly an i-hater ;-)

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

I'm actually more tech saavy than my kid is and she switched to android from iphone primarily because of cost and her friends encouraged her. She told me I wouldn't like the android. But I'm also all Apple and love the integration between my desktop and phone. I love handoff, have mac only software on my desktop and love that my iphone and mac seamlessly and effortless share data automatically anytime they're on the same wifi network. 

I'm "all Apple" too, and everything worthwhile that I've ever learned about using any kind of electronic device has been MUCH easier and more straightforward on i devices.

I spent wasted years trying to learn how to used Dells and there equipment and it just never made sense.

Now with an iPhone, iPad, and MacBook Pro I can find my way around a little bit.

I will NEVER go back........

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde

Sorry to hear you're having this problem and how frustrating it must be.  But I'm curious, if you switch to a different brand of phone, are you sure you will be able to get adequate reception in your home with it?