Esteemed Contributor

Hi

Maybe no one knows yet....

I don't have an iTunes account, DH does. It is the reason he has an iPad. He's spent hundreds of $$ on music. I haven't mentioned to him that I heard iTunes is shutting down. I'll probably learn some new swear words. LOL.

Does anyone know if his music will disappear? 

Esteemed Contributor

It's very early in the process.  I haven't seen yet what will happen.  Many people have much music there!  

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I heard that with on ear, they did say it is going to be replaced. I am thinking that i will still be a music "server" under a different name

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I read something about this on one of my blog feeds over the weekend, of course now I can't find it 

it's rumors,  and not worth worrying over right now

there are lots of articles to read, each with some kind of theory . 

Honored Contributor

Apple's WWDC is coming up very, very soon, so rumors are flying all over the place. The WWDC is their worldwide developer's conference by the way. Don't believe much of anything you hear before they make official announcements. People have sworn Apple was going to be making TV's, digital cameras and even cars in the past only to be proven wrong time and again. Don't even believe all the hype you hear coming from Apple at their conference. Things tend to get over-hyped initially and then disappoint later. The new OS promised will likely lead to all kinds of compatibility headaches and offer little new in value for consumers. Just sit back, take everything with a grain of salt and wait to see what happens. Don't rush out to download their new OS. Let others find the flaws and find solutions first. It's silly season in the Apple ecosystem as everyone tries to outdo everyone else with their predictions and most will be proven wrong. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

My understanding is that Apple is splitting the iTunes app into different apps, one for music, one for video, and possibly a third. Apparently there’s just too much content for one app.

Honored Contributor

@Jasmine19 wrote:

My understanding is that Apple is splitting the iTunes app into different apps, one for music, one for video, and possibly a third. Apparently there’s just too much content for one app.

I agree about that!!!! 

Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

Apple's WWDC is coming up very, very soon, so rumors are flying all over the place.

Today (Monday-6/3) @ 1:00 EST

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: iTunes shutting down?

[ Edited ]

@Mary Bailey wrote:

Hi

Maybe no one knows yet....

I don't have an iTunes account, DH does.

iTunes is a FREE app that comes pre-installed on Apple computers as well as their mobile devices.  It is not an "account" app and/or website.

Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at Mon, Jun 3, 2019-12.06.46 PM.png

FWIW....If Apple has not publicized it, it is rumors/speculation

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif