Honored Contributor

So I apparently missed the memo that Apple is no longer making iPods (nano, shuffle,  mini, whatever).

The only option is the touch?

I still have a working shuffle and nano.  I assume at some point these will no longer function with itunes.

I don't have an iPhone, I have an Android phone.  I need to figure out how to get my podcasts onto the phone or stream them from the phone in the car.

#old

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

I bought an extra nano a while back on eBay. I love my iPod Nano way better than my iPod Touch. The smaller size is great for exercising or walking. So now I have a backup in case my original one ever fails. I’ve had it for years & would be lost without it.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Tribesters  I love both of my iPods, too.  My shuffle is so great for the gym.

I haven't updated iTunes since 12.1 I think.  I had a devil of a time with the last update, so I stopped updating it.

I assume at some point iTunes won't work on these.  I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

@VaBelle35

I haven’t updated mine in a long time. I have so many of my all-time favorite songs & videos on them. I’m sure they will stop the updates so I should probably sync it & get some more songs before it’s too late.

Honored Contributor

@Tribesters  I have all of mine backed up on my click free.

Sometimes I wake up and open iTunes and my library has just vanished.  Luckily google helped me find it again.

It's happened 2-3 times since then, so I back up my library every month.  I don't buy a lot of music, so once a month works for me.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I still have & use my iPod Nano w/video 5th Generation.  Before the artic air hit, I figured out how to sync it to my new car.

As long as iTunes is in existance, you will be able to use your iPods no matter how old they are.

Also, just because Apple stopped making iPods, you can still purchase them from Apple "resellers" online & off as well as Apple's own refurbished website.

FWIW, I am still using iTunes v12.6.1.  It came w/my free iMac back in July.  I didn't take it out the box till November.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I have the ipod nano. The biggest wate of money. In less than a year it stopped working.

Honored Contributor

@kcladyz wrote:

In less than a year it stopped working.

@kcladyz

Which version????

You were/are still under warranty.  Did you ever get it fixed for free and/or asked for a replacement?

Mine is still going strong after 9 yrs of constant use.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac Et al, I have an 8g nano and a 32g iPod touch 4th Gen.  use them all the time!  More than my phone.  LM

Honored Contributor

I bought both my iPods from Apple refurbished.   Never had a problem with them other than the cord needed to be replaced on one of them.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN