Honored Contributor

Laugh at me if you will but I love my iPod Touch and use it as you would use an iPhone. So as of yesterday I cannot watch videos on the app ( no update of app occurred). I can open the app, I see all the pictures of the videos, but when I click on the video I only get the audio and the screen is black with pixels. I can watch the videos on the website, seems to be an issue with the app. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times, shut off my iPod and turned it back on, nothing helps. I enjoy using the app it's easier. Does anyone know of a solution to fix this problem?

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2  The primary reasons for these kind of issues usually is a poor wi-fi connection, the YouTube App is not updated (you can delete and reload but you need to make sure you have the latest  version), or you might not be using the lastest IOS version (there may have been an update you missed installing).  It also might be your browser doesnt support those videos.  You can try updating your browser or clear your browser's cache and cookies.  You can also check to whether your browser extensions block ads and in turn are affecting the video playback. You can try opening YouTube in an incognito window (like duck duck go) with all extensions disabled and check if the issue is corrected.  

Honored Contributor

@eadu4 It is weird because the app was working fine with no problems until yesterday, I don't know what changed. I'll just have to watch the videos on the website. 

Yes. The same thing happened on my Ipod touch today with youtube. I found an old iphone without service and its youtube is working so that is my workaround. Let me know if you find the bug!

Fred

Honored Contributor

So, I can watch videos on YouTube's website and videos that I see through the Instagram app, so the issue has to be withe the YouTube app. I can't believe I'm the only one who has experienced a problem with the app. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I can't believe I'm the only one who has experienced a problem with the app. 

@Jordan2   What do you expect?  You posted on a shopping channel message board.

You should be posting on YouTube's message board and/or contacting their tech/customer support.  That is where you will find others w/similar issues.  If not, start your own post there prior to contacting their tech/cust. support.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac@FredV stated above that he or she had a problem too. I just thought maybe some others had a problem with the app. 

Honored Contributor

Finally about 5 days ago they updated the app, now I can watch videos on the app, they must have fixed what was wrong.