Trusted Contributor

Re: iPhone with Tracfone or Straight Talk

@homedecorator wrote:

@Deb665 wrote:

I have an iPhone 6 with service through Tracfone.  No problems and a lot less expensive than AT&T.

Do you have a monthly plan or just pay as you go? Did you purchase your iPhone through Tracfone? Thank you!

@homedecorator  I had the exact same question for @Deb665.  I hope she'll come back and go into more detail about her experience.  

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Respected Contributor

My mom has an Iphone with ST and it if great.  I use my Samsung 7 Edge with ST and love it also.

Be sure and check out the plans.  They have recently changed as of October 1st (I think) for the better!

My husband also has ST.  He gets 1500 minutes for I think $30 plus tax.  I get unlimited talk and text and 2 GB of data for $35 plus tax.  I don't need much data because I have wifi almost all the time.

You get unlimited talk, text and 15 GB of data for $45 plus taxes.  That is an awesome deal!

If you sign up for auto pay, they will deduct a dollar a month with most plans but you have to ask for it.

Hope that helps.

Respected Contributor

As long as it is unlocked, an Iphone or most any phone will work fine with ST as far as I know.  You do not have to buy the Iphone from ST.  My mom bought hers from walmart online.  That has been a year or so ago though.  

I bought my Samsung 7 Edge unlocked.   It is an international version (which is perfectly fine).  I don't think Samsung sells unlocked phones in the US.  I didn't google that, so I might be wrong.  I just know I couldn't find one at the time I bought mine.

I was brave and got mine off Ebay.  I was a little nervous, but it was brand new and works perfect!

Super Contributor

@Stargazer77 and @homedecorator I am so sorry for not answering you sooner.  This is the first time I’ve logged in for several days.  I already had an iPhone that I had purchased through AT&T.  When I decided I was spending too much for what I was receiving, I went online to Tracfone and ordered a SIM card from them to replace the AT&T card.  I pay as I go with auto refill every 60 Days.  It’s around $35 for 60 days of service with 750 minutes, 750 texts and 1 gig of data.  (my figures may be off a little, this is from memory).  I’m much happier paying $35 for two months of service than $100 for one month!

I have had no problems with the service and can still use all the features of my phone, even still able to answer my phone on my iPad.  

I hope this answers your questions and is still relevant!

Super Contributor

@Deb665 wrote:

@Stargazer77 and @homedecorator I am so sorry for not answering you sooner.  This is the first time I’ve logged in for several days.  I already had an iPhone that I had purchased through AT&T.  When I decided I was spending too much for what I was receiving, I went online to Tracfone and ordered a SIM card from them to replace the AT&T card.  I pay as I go with auto refill every 60 Days.  It’s around $35 for 60 days of service with 750 minutes, 750 texts and 1 gig of data.  (my figures may be off a little, this is from memory).  I’m much happier paying $35 for two months of service than $100 for one month!

I have had no problems with the service and can still use all the features of my phone, even still able to answer my phone on my iPad.  

I hope this answers your questions and is still relevant!

Thank you, very helpful!!