Honored Contributor

apple1964 wrote:

Okay... I stand corrected. I do have a newer Ipad And I was surprised when I opened my old Ipad after not using it for quite awhile and saw what I thought was a update. Thanks for all the information listed and have a nice day!Woman Happy

You're welcome, @apple1964.    There are so many models with similar names now, so it's perfectly understandable to mistake one for another.   Thank you, and I hope you have a great day!   

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

Okay... I stand corrected. I do have a newer Ipad And I was surprised when I opened my old Ipad after not using it for quite awhile and saw what I thought was a update. Thanks for all the information listed and have a nice day!Woman Happy

You're welcome, @apple1964.    There are so many models with similar names now, so it's perfectly understandable to mistake one for another.   Thank you, and I hope you have a great day!   

Your welcome and I hope you feel better. Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

I had an iPad 2 and had the same issues all the time. Never could figure out why. Anyway, yesterday I traded it in for the new iPad Pro 2. Love it. I think it was getting a bit old and couldn't keep up. 

You mean to tell us you traded a old Ipad in to Apple for a new model ????  You do mean you had to put in some money with that trade? Right?Woman Indifferent  

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo: I probably need to include everybody that responded: I followed suggestions and cleared as much as possible. For I Cloud had 5GB and used 4.7.   Had 32 GB with 20 left. I purchased the Apple Camera Kit. Yesterday, my friend tried the kit. iPad indicated photos transferred to I Cloud but could not find photos on I Cloud. She tried to transfer to SD card but no success. She then transferred my photos to her lap top to put on stick to have developed. Sorry not familiar enough with all terms and cannot remember everything she tried. The photos are still on the IPad. I am so confused. Was trying to transfer or delete as much as possible . What do we do next. Can anyone understand what I said and what I am trying to do?I purchased the IPad 2  refurbished from Apple but someone said that I could trade it in for partial discount for a newer IPad . That does not sound right . I could understand this if my IPad 2 was purchased new. I am totally confused. Any help greatly appreciated. Southern Bee

Respected Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@dooBdoo: I probably need to include everybody that responded: I followed suggestions and cleared as much as possible. For I Cloud had 5GB and used 4.7.   Had 32 GB with 20 left. I purchased the Apple Camera Kit. Yesterday, my friend tried the kit. iPad indicated photos transferred to I Cloud but could not find photos on I Cloud. She tried to transfer to SD card but no success. She then transferred my photos to her lap top to put on stick to have developed. Sorry not familiar enough with all terms and cannot remember everything she tried. The photos are still on the IPad. I am so confused. Was trying to transfer or delete as much as possible . What do we do next. Can anyone understand what I said and what I am trying to do?I purchased the IPad 2  refurbished from Apple but someone said that I could trade it in for partial discount for a newer IPad . That does not sound right . I could understand this if my IPad 2 was purchased new. I am totally confused. Any help greatly appreciated. Southern Bee

The first thing you need to do is figure out which iPad you have.  I have an iPad 3 which is so old, I can't do any additional IOS updates. Is yours a regular 9 inch iPad or is it an iPad mini? 

I always synch my devices with my computer using iTunes.  First it was using a Windows machine and now my iMac.  I also have cloud storage but, I have way too many photos to store them all there.  Once I do a synch, I check and make sure the photos are on my computer then I delete them from my iPad.  Have you ever done a backup/synch to your computer?  It's easy and there are videos as well as written instructions you can find online. 

I also perform backups of my iMac and burn photos to DVDs.  In my opinion, you can never have enough copies of things you don't want to lose.  

Another option is to backup your iPad and do a reset or restore.  It will put it back to it's out of the box state.  Once the reset is completed, you can synch with your computer (be sure not to synch photos) and it will put your e-mail, contacts, apps, and Safari settings back.  As I posted earlier, the synching is done through iTunes. 

Honored Contributor

@glb613: other issues- just tried to reply and told needed to sign in after several times and then needed a new nickname? Clicked on help and indicated QVC  not available!??? Sorry about that.

I have the IPad 2 (2011). Per message from Kachina 624- did the hard reset.

Messages from dooBdo: followed info in messages 19, 22 and 36. Message 36 did not know how to do sync/backup. I will see if my friend can visit next week and bring her lap top. My DH has a computer but he is dealing with depression and memory issues plus my neck gets stiff sitting at a computer and the reasons I have the IPad. SouthernBee

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee,   I'm glad you're taking this step-by-step.     I hope your friend can help next week, perhaps with both her laptop and also with your husband's computer so you could use it, too.    Hands-on help can be so much better than trying to communicate solely with the written word.   

Even if you don't use the computer often because of your neck you might find it good for backups and saving things like photos.   If you think it will be useful, you might show your friend this thread so she can see what we've all offered in the way of ideas.   

I want to add my prayers and good thoughts for your dear husband, and for you, too.    Please take good care of yourself.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo: Thank you! You are so thoughtful and much help. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Friend said she can come Wednesday and I will share with her the information posted here. I checked with my local Best Buy and they have a few good deals but I will start to try to save a few dollars each month so I can make a cash purchase and up grade. The only thing about using DH computer: with his memory issues sometimes he will see items and think " don't need this "and delete, not mean or anything just way things are now. Very sad because he is smart and had some computer training. When he has good days he spoils me rotten and can not do enough for me, but then I I try to do the same for him. I tried to show him how to use my IPad so he could use it while sitting in his recliner but he is not interested. When I retired, I was so stressed out with the bad computer system we had a work did not want anything at home but DH insisted. Then he showed me how to research and shop on line..... now on his good days   - he laughs and remarks: why did I do that!!??? Thanks again, SouthernBee