Honored Contributor

Re: iOS 13 for iPhone is packed with new capabilities.

@Mindy D wrote:

This fall the iOS13 update for iPhone is coming. It’s packed with features that have not been available to date. We will be able to block unknown callers. YAY. For those of us with accessability issues, such as visual impairment, the update will allow almost total voice control. There is a dark mode option which makes the background screen black. Check YouTube and articles online for descriptions of all the improvements. Apple’s site also has information about the features and has a list of compatible devices.

I just read an article on iOS 13 (since I can block calls now) - now I get it, the difference is, with iOS13 these calls will never get through in the first place to ring/text us - if we enable a setting, only callers from your Contacts, Mail and Messages will be able to get through. That is different than having a telemarketer call, then I block them.

Good idea for certain situations/events IMO. 

Respected Contributor

Re: iOS 13 for iPhone is packed with new capabilities.

If I set my phone for "contacts only" (and I do), those who aren't in my contacts (callers or texters) *dont* get through.

I don't see how this is different from what other phones, including Apple, for some time now.

What worries you masters you.