Honored Contributor

iOS 13 for iPhone is packed with new capabilities.

This fall the iOS13 update for iPhone is coming. It’s packed with features that have not been available to date. We will be able to block unknown callers. YAY. For those of us with accessability issues, such as visual impairment, the update will allow almost total voice control. There is a dark mode option which makes the background screen black. Check YouTube and articles online for descriptions of all the improvements. Apple’s site also has information about the features and has a list of compatible devices.

Respected Contributor

Re: iOS 13 for iPhone is packed with new capabilities.

[ Edited ]

😬 I got myself a little something today.....

My motto....remove all traces...🙈

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

I was setting it up and immediately it connected to my iMac next to me... the camera is like nothing I've seen before...I took a photo and barely touched it, took the photo at lightening speed and all the entire sequence until they sat down...like speed/sports shots on cameras but so fast...

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

@cbrite wrote:

I was setting it up and immediately it connected to my iMac next to me... the camera is like nothing I've seen before...I took a photo and barely touched it, took the photo at lightening speed and all the entire sequence until they sat down...like speed/sports shots on cameras but so fast...

Good for you.

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D Heart

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Esteemed Contributor

Veering way out of the Steve Jobs elegant simplicity concept.  That's a lot of "updates".

Requiring 2-factor authentication for Apple ID is likely good for security but it's a bit of a road block for the user.  Maybe it's designed to be more streamlined.

I use my iPhone all the time but I think I won't pay too much attention unless I have to.  We're a Mac/Apple household and enjoy very much how the devices interact as it is now.  

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

I've been able to block calls from unknown callers for some time now. I currently have an LG Stylo 4 and, as with even earlier models, I can set blocks for unknown callers, those with "private" numbers, numbers entered by me, and (my favorite) those not in my contacts, which go directly to VM.

I also have Dark Mode, which I love, copied from Apple lol and which, I believe, Apple had as an option on their earlier models.

The LG has also included its native "Smart Cleaning" app--something I'm making good use of. It's helpful for the *app* (instead of me) to identify and jettison "junk" files and optimize performance, without having to download another app.

Smartphones have come a long way in their capabilities. And one doesn't have to own an Apple device to enjoy them.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

I can block calls from my IPhone 6S.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

“Silence unknown callers
A new setting protects users from unknown and spam callers. When the setting is turned on, iOS uses Siri intelligence to allow calls to ring your phone from numbers in Contacts, Mail, and Messages. All other calls are automatically sent to voicemail.”

--Apple

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

“Silence unknown callers
A new setting protects users from unknown and spam callers. When the setting is turned on, iOS uses Siri intelligence to allow calls to ring your phone from numbers in Contacts, Mail, and Messages. All other calls are automatically sent to voicemail.”

--Apple

These new features will require a new iPhone.