Honored Contributor

Yes! This latest update brought a lot of undesirable changes. 

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom

Normally I would think that too.

When we went into Verizon, fully intent upon getting a battery at the reduced price for my 6+, the salesman GAVE me a new iPhone 8+!

I am enjoying it.

The article I referenced and read (previous post below) said that it takes from 24-48 hours after installing a new update for the device to finish reorganizing all of the prior data.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: iOS 12 and battery life

[ Edited ]

I haven’t had any issues on my devices, although I don’t have my 6+ anymore I did update it to iOS 12 before I got my XS max. In fact my 6+ was running much better since ios12 that it was on iOS 11.x 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1, I will go back and read the article.

FYI, the Apple person also told me that a phone is considered defunct or past it’s prime at 80%.

My iPhone 6+ Was my first iPhone.  I have to say, it has served me very well and more than paid for itself.  I will probably replace it in 2019 (can’t believe how close it is!).  Awaiting delivery of Apple Watch 4 right now.  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom

That is exciting! (Apple Watch)

Will you please write here what you think about it when you get it?

I need to ask: what does 80% mean (for when to replace?)

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1, if you click Settings, scroll down and click Battery, click Battery Health, it will show you a percentage which is the measure of capacity relative to when your phone was new.

Mine is at 98% which is very good.  The staff at Apple consider 80%  to be indicative of the need for a new battery (or a new phone I guess).

They also told me that they can do other diagnostics to look at battery health.  

My watch is due to arrive the first week of November, a 5 week delay from order date.  I will come back and review once I have used it for awhile. LM

Honored Contributor

I just checked the battery health on my phone (didn’t know you could do this) and it says 98%

I tried to do it on my iPad, but battery health isn’t listed under battery. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I just checked my battery health and it says 97%. I haven't downloaded 12 yet though. I have had my phone about 9 months and barely use it. It seems to have to be charged quite often. 

Trusted Contributor

I have found that everytime you put a new IOS update on an "older" iPhone you end up with decreased performance.  As with computers the older they are the less ability they have to actually keep up with changes.  Some IOS updates are worse than others.  Some IOS updates reverse settings that you already had in place on your phone to improve its battery life.  Its all part of Apple's evil plot to convince you to get a new phone.

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ@gidgetgh, mine phone is almost five years old (iPhone 6+).  Battery at 98%.  I use it for online activity much more than as a phone. I actually hate talking long on the phone.  LM