Honored Contributor

You're welcome, @Blingqueen023, and thank you for the good wishes, and I hope your day has been pleasant and safe!😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo, thanks for giving @Blingqueen023 those tips.  I hope she finds a solution.  These gadgets are too expensive not to be getting full use.  Even if the chat doesn’t help, I would be googling the issue.  Lots of info online if you look for it.  Good luck @Blingqueen023!  LM

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I installed iOS 12 the day it came out on my iPhone 6 and two iPads. Installation went fine. 

Boy have I noticed a substantial decrease in battery life on both my phone and the iPad. Especially on my phone. Even in sleep mode, overnight, the battery drains quite a bit. 

Anyne else notice a decrease in battery life since installing the newest iOS?

I’ve tried closing apps and nothing seems to help. 

@gidgetgh wrote:

I installed iOS 12 the day it came out on my iPhone 6 and two iPads. Installation went fine. 

Boy have I noticed a substantial decrease in battery life on both my phone and the iPad. Especially on my phone. Even in sleep mode, overnight, the battery drains quite a bit. 

Anyne else notice a decrease in battery life since installing the newest iOS?

I’ve tried closing apps and nothing seems to help. 

I just read an article which mentioned iOS battery life problems when charging in sleep mode. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D, that’s interesting.  Do you know I never use the sleep mode 🙄! I probably should but I usually charge overnight and don’t bother.  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@Mindy D, that’s interesting.  Do you know I never use the sleep mode 🙄! I probably should but I usually charge overnight and don’t bother.  LM

@Lilysmom.  I don't even know what the sleep mode is. I never heard of it. I think mine loses power more quickly than it should. iPhone 6s. I have had it almost a year and barely use it, but it still loses power.

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ, when the sleep mode is on you see a quarter moon in the upper corner of your device.  It blocks calls and notifications when it is on.  It is a,so called Do Not Disturb mode.

there are some things you can do to save battery life.  You can turn down the brightness on your screen [Settings/Display & Brightness and adjust to your liking), you can turn off notifications from apps you don’t use a lot (Settings/ Notifications and then adjust each app), don’t use Siri or use her less, etc.  Google for more,  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ, when the sleep mode is on you see a quarter moon in the upper corner of your device.  It blocks calls and notifications when it is on.  It is a,so called Do Not Disturb mode.

there are some things you can do to save battery life.  You can turn down the brightness on your screen [Settings/Display & Brightness and adjust to your liking), you can turn off notifications from apps you don’t use a lot (Settings/ Notifications and then adjust each app), don’t use Siri or use her less, etc.  Google for more,  LM

@Lilysmom.  Thanks for responding. I have most everything adjusted as you said, but didn't know about the sleep mode.,I guess I have to go into settings for this. Thanks for the help.

Valued Contributor

Do you know that you can replace your battery for just $29 until the end of December? I called Apple Store, told them my battery life was horrible. I was told that Apple instituted a program to replace out-of-warranty batteries for the iPhone 6 or later for just $29 — a $50 price drop from the usual $79 cost. If you own an iPhone 6 or later and have battery issues, you have until December 31 to take advantage of the lower price to replace your battery.  I took my phone in, they did a quick diagnostic and found my battery was running at 29%. I happily paid $31.25 ($29 + tax) and now my phone stays charged all day and I don't need to carry a charger or power cord with me!!  HTH

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ, go to Settings, click Do Not Disturb.  LM

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Lilysmom wrote:

@Lilysmom.  Thanks for responding. I have most everything adjusted as you said, but didn't know about the sleep mode.,I guess I have to go into settings for this. Thanks for the help.

@proudlyfromNJ @Lilysmom

While it is great to use when you are sleeping, that isn’t all Do Not Disturb is used for. It isn’t just “sleep mode.” I have mine set to automatically come on a few hours before I go to bed as I’m working on relaxing and getting ready to sleep at that time. 

It is also good good for other times during the day when you don’t want to be bothered. 

For brightness - I have mine set to automatically go to Night Mode between sunset and sunrise.