Honored Contributor

Add me to the cheaper is better category. Most lower-end HDTV's will give you a fine picture and a 55" 4K smart one can be had for under $400 these days. You can also spend over $2,000 if you want to, but the improvement in picture quality isn't that dramatic to me. I've had a high-end Samsung that was very good and a very low end RCA that was also very good. My primary TV now is a 55" 4K Element FIre TV from Amazon. (It'll be two years old this July.) I find that when I'm watching TV I tend to pay more attention to what's going on than how it looks. If I'm watching something and noticing the blacks aren't as black as they could be, it's probably not a show that's caught my interest.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I do not have large screen TV as most  people have here. We have a Sharp 27 inch and a Samsung 32 inch.We are happy with both those TV's.

Honored Contributor

@queendiva 

Your Sony  tv sounds like the same one i bought at Best Buy!

Had a great service tech help me...so mant brands,etc to choose from!

Loved the service and delivery from them  also.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Valued Contributor

buy any tv except a samsung

Honored Contributor

I have four Samsung TVs (seem to be the gold standard), I am very happy with them. Don't get me started on my Samsung Chromebook Pro, I would NEVER buy another Samsung Chromebook or laptop again.

Esteemed Contributor

@rosietwinkie :  The last time we bought a tv (60') we went no farther than Amazon.  Did a sort on the features we wanted, and then I let DH and our adult son, to thru specifications and reviews.  When they decided what would work for "us", I ordered it through Prime.  As I recall it took two days to arrive (and it's a great tv!

Honored Contributor

I just noticed that there is an LG 4K as a TSV (55" or 65") - both of which come with a Blu-ray player.

The prices seem equivalent to my local Best Buy but QVC throws in the Blu-ray player.

@rosietwinkie To see them, click on QVC2BigDeal in the links at the top of the screen.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: i want to by a new tv

[ Edited ]

The Q's LG OLED TV's are no bargain and they are 2018 models. Blu-Ray players are a dime a dozen.

With 8K TVs just hitting the market, 4K TVs will soon be on sale at deep discounts.

Honored Contributor

You won’t need your Romulo because they all come with built in WiFi. I’m loving my Sony. They all come with 4 K too even though you won’t be able to use this feature.