Contributor

how do I block pop ups and web advertisements?

I bought the TSV HP from QVC. I cannot stand this computer! I have so many pop ups and web advertisements that I cant even browse the web without clicking off numerous ads. I did go to privacy and select block all pop ups but how do I get rid of the numerous web advertisements on every single page I visit?

My old laptop and desktop is not like this. Why is the new computer like this?? Please helP!

Super Contributor

Re: how do I block pop ups and web advertisements?

I have norton firewall and it keeps pop ups from ever appearing.
Respected Contributor

You will need to have a firewall security package installed before you get a virus.

The how to's/which ones/etc I can not help with, sorry. We have a computer guy who we turn our computers and laptops over to still in the box, he returns it configured to our needs with a security package installed.

Sorry I wish I knew more details.

Contributor

The computer came with lifetime virus protection. There are so many things popping up saying download this, update this etc... that I dont even know what is real and what is a potential virus.

Valued Contributor

Sunluvr, I know what you mean. Ads and pop-ups were driving me nuts. I ended up downloading an Ad Blocker

Adblockplus.org

It is free. I've had it for about a year and it blocks about 99% of all web ads and pop-ups. It's great!!!