Frequent Contributor

Re: haier tablet disappointment

I see that the Haier 9 inch tablet is no longer available, its probably because of all the negative comments. I also sent my back I think I will be getting a Kindle HD

Regular Contributor

On 2/4/2014 gogirlfriend said:

I see that the Haier 9 inch tablet is no longer available, its probably because of all the negative comments. I also sent my back I think I will be getting a Kindle HD

This tablet is awful! I gave it to my daughter for her 12 yr. old twins and it only lasted about 5 days. It's stuck on a recovery screen that she tried many times and it just keeps going back to the same screen. She can't even turn the tablet off! I called C.S. and said I noticed they aren't selling it anymore - have taken off the price and bad reviews! I said I was going to return as defective and she said they'll refund my S&H also. Guess they must have gotten lots of complaints/returns so far. What a farce!

BTW, she called Haier's C.S. and after an automated message, a man comes on sounding like he's answering from his living room, lol. He said she's have to go to a web site and follow directions. Forget this, it's going back after she brings it to me tomorrow!

New Contributor

I'm sending mine back also. Very disappointed.............you have to touch the pad so hard for it to do anything and it takes forever to turn on. After about the third time I used it, it froze up and I can't get it to reset. I've tried turning the thing off and then back on but it brings me back to the same screen. It's going back the the Q!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/29/2014 Bikkie said:

You get what you pay for.

ITA ... nothing good is cheap and nothing cheap is good!!!

Highlighted
Contributor

Mine is going back too-I'm so disappointed as I really didn't want to spend a lot of money on a tablet, but you definitely do get what you pay for. Everything works ok on it, but the clarity is just not there-so blurry it makes me dizzy. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

This reminds me of the Pandigital fiasco a couple years ago. That one never worked either, then the company went belly up. QVC apparently learns slowly.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

If you want an inexpensive tablet you would be happy with, order the 7" Kindle Fire HD from Amazon for not much more and free shipping. You'll have it in two days.

It is a very stable product with an awesome screen.

Not applicable

HUGE disappointment with Haier 9"" tablet. Android system would NOT boot up even once after charging. Hard reset several times and no luck with that either. Now it won't even power down...it just keeps trying to re-boot itself. It's packaged up and going back tomorrow. Starting a new tablet search ASAP. Customer support recording kept me on line for 22 minutes and then cut me off after saying that no one was available. Shocked that QVC would put such a poor product and poorly supported technical service out there to its loyal customer base.

Honored Contributor

DP86, not only would QVC do what you suggest, they've done the exact same thing before.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

On 2/4/2014 michlady1 said:

I haven't seen my neighbor recently to see if she's still happy with the Haier.

Isn't the Haier made by LePan? I thought I saw that on the back of the tablet. Looked at reviews on LePan and they seem to be good so wonder why such a sub-standard Haier tablet.

You are so right. I looked at the booklet and for tech support you call Le Pan.

I purchased my LePan tablet 2 years ago and it is still going strong and the screen quality is very clear. It was a special price on HSN for around $175. and the screen is twice the size of this Haier. I thought the Haier would be an upgrade in speed, memory, features. That's how much I know. I will try to be more informed next tablet purchase.