Honored Contributor

Re: @gardenman - Need your help please.

@sann wrote:

@SouthernBee wrote:

@sann wrote:

Try calling Apple Support   1-800-676-2775.....

@sann : I called them last week and really didn't help.

Just a suggestion....only trying to help.....

@sann : Thank you. I appreciate your suggestion and trying to help. I had another thread posted with more information and advised to do another one requesting help from @gardenman .
Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@SouthernBee 

Everything everyone else has suggested is exactly what I would have suggested. Unplugging the modem/router for a few minutes and a full reboot of the iPad are your best options. If you have anyplace nearby with free Internet, a library, Starbucks, etc. try using the iPad there and see if the problem persists. If it does, you'll know the problem is with the iPad. If it doesn't drop those connections, then it's likely your router/modem. If you live in a busy area, sometimes too many people are using the same Wi-Fi channel and can cause issues. If you look up your router/modem online you should be able to see how to chabge its channels if that's the issue. Good luck!

@gardenman : Thanks. Everyone has been great. The next time that I go out will take my IPad.

If it is the iPad, it could be something pretty simple. Devices use a WiFi antenna that typically clips onto the motherboard. If that comes loose from the device being jarred in just the right manner, you can lose your WiFi signal. The connectors can fail also. The right repair shop can fix those types of issues fairly quickly. It's still a fairly pricy repair, but it's not terrible. You may also want to try removing any apps that you've recently installed. One or more could be causing the issue. That wouldn't be common, but it's possible.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman : Thank you. I will keep this information. I recently installed two game apps and decided to delete them.

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@gardenman : Thank you. I will keep this information. I recently installed two game apps and decided to delete them.

If it doesn't fix the issue, you can always reinstall them and know they're not at fault. It's not typically a software type of issue but you never know.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@SouthernBee wrote:

If it doesn't fix the issue, you can always reinstall them and know they're not at fault. It's not typically a software type of issue but you never know.

@gardenman : Deleting the two apps didn't help but was willing to try.