Honored Contributor

Re: @gardenman - Need your help please.

@SilleeMee wrote:

Turning off a router/modem will not reset it. You need to unplug the power cord from the electrical wall outlet, wait 15 seconds and then plug the router/modem back into the wall outlet. That will also update the router's firmware and clear out any unnecessary data inside the router.

But that doesn't seem like it's the problem. Sounds more like a network connection issue. Maybe reset the network settings. 

Paging @gardenman 

@SilleeMee : With the Apple support reset the network settings because the cable guy added a 5G setting . The Apple guy said to reset it back to the original setting and make sure it stays on that setting. I check the WiFi setting daily. Just exhausted and frustrating.

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee 

Everything everyone else has suggested is exactly what I would have suggested. Unplugging the modem/router for a few minutes and a full reboot of the iPad are your best options. If you have anyplace nearby with free Internet, a library, Starbucks, etc. try using the iPad there and see if the problem persists. If it does, you'll know the problem is with the iPad. If it doesn't drop those connections, then it's likely your router/modem. If you live in a busy area, sometimes too many people are using the same Wi-Fi channel and can cause issues. If you look up your router/modem online you should be able to see how to chabge its channels if that's the issue. Good luck!

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@Tori3569 wrote:

One more try.  I found these on Chron (a small business site)I did have that WPA issue one time with an older iPad.

03F9D441-9222-421F-B753-0D0DD3420E20.jpeg

@Tori3569 : DH said router is WPA2. I tried 3. and could not find dhcp or renew32AA2FB6-2AC6-464C-A412-4C964BC390DA.jpeg. I clicked on the blue arrow by the name.

Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@SouthernBee 

Everything everyone else has suggested is exactly what I would have suggested. Unplugging the modem/router for a few minutes and a full reboot of the iPad are your best options. If you have anyplace nearby with free Internet, a library, Starbucks, etc. try using the iPad there and see if the problem persists. If it does, you'll know the problem is with the iPad. If it doesn't drop those connections, then it's likely your router/modem. If you live in a busy area, sometimes too many people are using the same Wi-Fi channel and can cause issues. If you look up your router/modem online you should be able to see how to chabge its channels if that's the issue. Good luck!

@gardenman : Thanks. Everyone has been great. The next time that I go out will take my IPad.

Respected Contributor

Try calling Apple Support   1-800-676-2775.....

Honored Contributor

@sann wrote:

@sann : I called them last week and really didn't help.

Respected Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@sann wrote:

@sann : I called them last week and really didn't help.

Just a suggestion....only trying to help.....

Super Contributor

@SouthernBee have you looked into a mesh wifi router? It's not the same as an extender. I know that it helps in covering your whole house with getting a signal. One of the units connects to your modem and it also plugs into an electrical outlet. Then you plug another unit into an electrical outlet in another room or level of your house. I know Best Buy carries different brands, QVC might also have them. There might be video explanations, too. 

Honored Contributor

@Toot1920 wrote:

@SouthernBee have you looked into a mesh wifi router? It's not the same as an extender. I know that it helps in covering your whole house with getting a signal. One of the units connects to your modem and it also plugs into an electrical outlet. Then you plug another unit into an electrical outlet in another room or level of your house. I know Best Buy carries different brands, QVC might also have them. There might be video explanations, too. 

@Toot1920 : I just looked on BB. We have from our WOW cable company the EERO and it looks like the same thing.

Esteemed Contributor

I've had problems like that and several cable technicians have tried fixing it, The last one said he thought the router they suggested was fighting the modem. 
  He removed it and it works much better. It still doesn't pick up as well in my bedroom but much better than with the router! 
        🤪