Respected Contributor

gardenman, I have a question

I have to admitt, I haven't spent a lot of time on my Fire tablet.  I bought a kindle book and don't know how to get it on my Fire tablet.  Advice? 

Trusted Contributor

Re: gardenman, I have a question

[ Edited ]

@glb613 I just read over at the TV and Movies forum that gardenman is in the hospital with a broken femur. He may not be reading boards.  DW

Frequent Contributor

Sign on to your Amazon account. Go to your Content and Devices. Select the book you want to download, there's a menu that drops. It says Default Device or Others. Select Others and use the drop down menu in the window that opens to select your Kindle FIre.

Hope this helps. I move books around all the time from Paperwhite to Kindle Fire to Android.

Esteemed Contributor

@dancingwoman@gardenman oh no!  So sorry to hear about the break.  I broke my left foot twice.  Hoping you heal quickly and well.  I am still having trouble with my foot three years later.  LM

Respected Contributor

wrote:

Sign on to your Amazon account. Go to your Content and Devices. Select the book you want to download, there's a menu that drops. It says Default Device or Others. Select Others and use the drop down menu in the window that opens to select your Kindle FIre.

Hope this helps. I move books around all the time from Paperwhite to Kindle Fire to Android.

I tried that and my Fire is marked as incompatible.  I can't download the Kindle app either. 

I'm sorry to hear gardenman broke his leg.  I hope he gets well soon. 

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Each Kindle device I have ever seen comes with a user guide on the home page. Each iteration of the Kindle is slightly different but I’m betting your answer is in the first few pages of the guide. I have never seen one listed as incompatible before though...maybe a call to customer service (I shudder to say this). 

Hope you find the solution soon...will be waiting to hear it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

wrote:

wrote:

I tried that and my Fire is marked as incompatible.  I can't download the Kindle app either. 

I'm sorry to hear gardenman broke his leg.  I hope he gets well soon. 

Is your tablet listed with your account? My tablet has had two software updates. If nothing works contact Amazon. 

The "Kindle" app is on your tablet. It is called "Books".

Honored Contributor

You shouldn't need the Kindle app on a Fire tablet. You should be able to put any Kindle book on a Fire tablet. I've never had an issue, but if the problem persists, Amazon's tech advisers are pretty helpful and should get the issue resolved.

On a side note, I'm now back home and starting my rehab. It's a four to six month process, but in another ten weeks I should be back to weight-bearing on it. Then it's more range of motion and strength building until I'm back to normal. (Or what passes for normal for me.)

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

wrote:

You shouldn't need the Kindle app on a Fire tablet. You should be able to put any Kindle book on a Fire tablet. I've never had an issue, but if the problem persists, Amazon's tech advisers are pretty helpful and should get the issue resolved.

On a side note, I'm now back home and starting my rehab. It's a four to six month process, but in another ten weeks I should be back to weight-bearing on it. Then it's more range of motion and strength building until I'm back to normal. (Or what passes for normal for me.)

I tried again and was able to select my Fire.  Who knows what was going on when the Fire was marked incompatible. As a retired PT, it sounds like a nasty break.  Good luck with the rehab and I know the 10 weeks of non weight bearing will go much faster for me than you. Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@gardenman,

Hey man! Get that wheel back to running again, eh? My lifelong friend a good hockey buddy, broke both the femur and fibula in his leg a few years back. Think he was around 75 years old back then(now 81). Like myself, he is one most would call a fitness nut, all his adult life. He broke it while playing some "drop-in hockey" at one of the rinks.

Took him awhile to get motivating around again on both wheels, but far less time than it would have taken a "normal" old man to do the same. He was back skating again, I think, about 4 months after his injuries. Told me he "stepped on the puck", and as one that has done the same many times! It happens more often than most even think would happen to lots of hockey players.

Best wishes to you from another guy here

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)