Trusted Contributor

My Lenova laptop used regular sized SD cards but the computer is not working anymore.  My new Acer /Chromebook 15 has a slot for a mico SD card.  My regular size SD card is to large to fit in that mico slot.  Is there a way I can still use my large SD card in this new laptop, maybe an adapter or something like that???  I prefer to use my camera to take pictures, insert the SD card into the laptop /upload the pictures to Facebook.  Thanks in advance.

Honored Contributor

Get yourself a card reader.  Fits any size SD card.  You connect the card reader to your computer (USB).

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the information.

Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac 

Thank you so much - you 'saved the day'......I've never even heard of one....So how does that work, I put my reg. size SD card into the reader and then connect the cord from the reader into the laptop?  (sorry, I'm electronically challenged).

Super Contributor
Yes, the cord from the card reader goes into the computer/laptop. I insert the card into the card reader AFTER the cord is connected to computer/laptop. They work very well. I use one to transfer pix from my fancy camera to my computer.
Honored Contributor

@sarahpanda 

Blonfy55 explained it perfectly regarding usage. 

You can purchase a CR from any store that sells electronics for under $10.  Personally, I wouldn't pay over $15.

Very compact.  You can keep it in your pocket or pocketbook when out & about w/a laptop. 

I keep mine permanently connected to my desktop comp even though it has its own CR slot.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

Thanks to everyone for your help...YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW VERY THRILLED I AM TO LEARN THIS !