Super Contributor

ZTE Lever TracFone review appreciated

[ Edited ]

Thought LG was my favorite tracfone but the latest I got from HSN is not up to par with previous models.  I bought the LG Premier from HSN because of the triple minutes for life. I use wifi mainly.  Use texting primarily.  I am thinking of getting the ZTE because of the larger storage of 16GB.  My present LG is sluggish, speech to text frustrating because I have to constantly repeat for the phone to react.  If anyone has the ZTE model, I would appreciate some feedback since I have never had this brand before.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: ZTE Lever TracFone review appreciated

In a world of smartphone choices, I'd take a ZTE second-last, right before 'Uncle Joe's Homemade Smartfone'.

Instead of buying the ZTE, I'd put that money toward buying storage for the LG.

Are you referring to "Ok, Google" or the microphone on your keyboard?

If you still have trouble after dumping the things that slow your LG down and adjusting the settings on these two, you may want to see if Accessibility feature can help you.

https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/6031948?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en

https://support.google.com/googlehome/answer/7072489?hl=en

https://support.google.com/accessibility/android/answer/6006983?hl=en

http://www.androidauthority.com/speed-up-my-phone-guide-638039/

Super Contributor

@Kleo wrote:

Thought LG was my favorite tracfone but the latest I got from HSN is not up to par with previous models.  I bought the LG Premier from HSN because of the triple minutes for life. I use wifi mainly.  Use texting primarily.  I am thinking of getting the ZTE because of the larger storage of 16GB.  My present LG is sluggish, speech to text frustrating because I have to constantly repeat for the phone to react.  If anyone has the ZTE model, I would appreciate some feedback since I have never had this brand before.

I've had LG tracfones thru hsn and qvc for many years.  I once had a ZTE and periodically the phone would just shut down-couldn't turn it back on - nothing.

After speaking with zte cs (really bad service) they told me to open the back of phone, take out the battery, and then replace the battery.  Was happy - the phone was back to normal.  HOWEVER it continued to randomly shut down at times. They said no one else had called with this problem, but when I googled it...LOTS of people had the problem.  

I couldn't return it at that point, but when I got a new tracfone it was an LG and I doubt I will switch from that again!

Respected Contributor

You may want to look at the LG Fiesta; it has 16 GB, most phones have only 8 GB.  If I needed a newer TracFone now, I would definitely look at the Fiesta.  Even the cameras are much better.

Honored Contributor

None of the phones Tracfone offers on the shopping channels are more than "medium good" as far as their specs - the screen or the processor as well as the RAM. You do get what you pay for with Tracfone as far as the phones they offer.

I had two LG Tracfones, and they were both sluggish and one just flat-out died and fried in the middle of an Android OS update. Because these are throw-away phones.

They may be "enough" for many, but when good performance and good specs start to really matter above "enough", you'd be better off to investigate medium-high end phones from the pay-as-you-go line of a major carrier, or Straight Talk, Virgin, Boost, etc. It might be slightly more money but you'll get a better, more competitive phone - for those who want that.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor

nice reivew..appriciated..