Contributor

YouTube not connecting via FireStick

I could not get YouTube to open on my FireStick last night.  The internet is working fine and I unplugged the FireStick over night.  Still not connecting today.

Has anyone had this problem?  I'd really appreciate any tech advice!

Valued Contributor

Re: YouTube not connecting via FireStick

From Amazon 

• Clear the app cache and data. From the Fire TV menu, select Settings.Go to Applications.In Manage Installed Applications, select the app you are having trouble with.Select Clear Cache, and then Clear Data.
  • Uninstall and reinstall the app.
  • Restart your Fire TV device. Press and hold the Select0054P00000Bf3RYQAZ_https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/support_images/GUID-F869890F-4A59-4EB9-A623-EF302CA52A45_en-US.png and Play/PausePlay/Pause Button     buttons at the same time, for 10 seconds.

Contributor

Thank you!!!

Super Contributor

That happens to me a lot. YouTubeTV just seems to freeze.

What I finally discovered was to go to the FireStick front page and toggle over to settings. Then push the FireStick setting and Restart FireStick. Then YouTubeTV works like a charm.

Now I'm happy - I just love the combo of FireStick with YouTubeTV...

Respected Contributor

Is Fire Stick YouTube free?

Super Contributor

I got my FireStick on sale for $30.

YouTubeTV costs $65 a month.

Because there are mountains between me and any local TV stations, I need YouTubeTV to get local channels, but if I could have an antenna, FireStick would be all I would need for the one time fee of $30.

Honored Contributor

I have my 55" FIre TV and also a Roku. YouTube is a bit goofy. Sometimes it won't work on the Fire TV, but is fine on the Roku and vice versa. I used to think YouTube was down and wouldn't try it on the other device. I now know to just switch devices if it's not working on one. It's almost always working on the other one. The next time it might be the opposite. It's interesting.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!