Honored Contributor

Re: YouTube Live or Hulu Live

@Runner26 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@yellowrose wrote:

@Jordan2  I think they both have a free trial period.

@yellowrose I usually don't like to try "free trials", they always want your credit card info, I always think they will charge my card before I get a chance to cancel it.

If a service offers a free trial period, why not takek advantage of that instead of jumping onto a service that you're unfamiliar with? It is so much better than asking for opinions since everyone's taste differs so much. 

I always appreciate free trial periods and I usually know within a few days if it's a keeper or not. If the service does not offer enough programs of my interest, I usually cancel it right away. They will not charge your credit card until the next billing date.

I trust a lot of the posters on this forum to offer a true opinion to me. I have found advice I have gotten useful at times. It doesn't hurt to get opinions, ultimately I make my own decision.

Honored Contributor

So I have a question. If you have YouTube Live and want to get HBO, you have to purchase a subscription elsewhere. Where can you purchase it other than from Amazon? If I do buy from Amazon, does the cost get charged to my Amazon credit card, and can I watch HBO on devices other than Kindle Fires and Fire Sticks ( Apple products and Chromebook)?

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2

I would  just buy HBO as a separate subscription. You can then use it on any device that will recognize the app.

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@Jordan2

I would  just buy HBO as a separate subscription. You can then use it on any device that will recognize the app.

@Nuttmeg thanks. Another question, so I buy the subscription from Apple or from my Amazon Fire Stick or Roku?

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2

I would subscribe at HBO.com. They offer customers a 7 day trial. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you @Nuttmeg , you are always very helpful.

Honored Contributor

Please don't hate me (I am sick of me) but I haven't made a decision yet ( I am so indecisive). I was telling my sister I was thinking of cutting the cord, she says to me " I know you, you're not going to be happy if you cancel your cable". She got me to thinking, will I be unhappy, will I not save that much money?

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2

You have to be happy. You maybe able to find another way to trim your budget and afford cable. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Please don't hate me (I am sick of me) but I haven't made a decision yet ( I am so indecisive). I was telling my sister I was thinking of cutting the cord, she says to me " I know you, you're not going to be happy if you cancel your cable". She got me to thinking, will I be unhappy, will I not save that much money?

"Will you be unhappy?" Hard to answer. I cut the cord and I'm fine with it. I'm very happy with the move I made. I'm still getting all of the channels I want and my total bill for both TV and the Internet is lower than it was before. Not a lot lower, but lower. And I'm getting a few channels I wanted but would have had to pay more for with my old package. 

Only you know what's best for you. I'm happy that I can watch whatever I want in whatever room I want now. I have two Rokus and a Fire Stick and I can now watch "cable" in my living room, bedroom, or kitchen with no charge for extra boxes. I can even watch stuff on the go. With my cable, I was only willing to pay for one box so I had to watch cable in my living room.

For me, the move was easy. I got a week of free service to try out Sling and it seemed pretty good to me. I kept Sling and my cable for another month to be sure I wasn't missing anything, but I used Sling almost exclusively during that month making it clear I didn't need the cable. That might be something you want to try. Subscribe for a month and keep your cable also. If you find you're using the cable more, keep the cable and cancel the other one. If you find yourself using the streaming service more, keep it and cancel your cable. I found I was using Sling exclusively so it was an easy move for me. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Correct me if I'm wrong @gardenman  but I don't think Sling gives you ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX, this is a deal breaker for me. Yes I know I can use an antenna, I would have to buy three of them.