Honored Contributor

Re: YouTube Live or Hulu Live

@Jordan2 wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong @gardenman  but I don't think Sling gives you ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX, this is a deal breaker for me. Yes I know I can use an antenna, I would have to buy three of them.

Sling here gives me NBC and Fox but not ABC and CBS. It varies from market to market. I have a big old antenna and antenna distribution amp however so every TV gets the antenna feed also, making the local channels less of an issue for me. My antenna (two actually because 6ABC stuck to the old low VHF signal so I have one for UHF and one specifically for channels 2-6) feeds into a coax cable that runs to my basement where my distribution amp is located then from there four feeds come out to four sets in the house. I've had most of that in place for twenty plus years so it wasn't a big deal to me to make the switch.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I heard, not sure it's true, YouTube Live no longer carries the YES network. I'm not a Yankee fan, but this could be a deal breaker for some.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 It appears TV is important to you  (it is to me too, especially some of the premium channels!).  Have you thought of doing a 7 day trial with Hulu Live including the premium channels?   During the 7 days used only Hulu Live on all 3 of your TVs.  I think by the 5th day you will know if streaming is for you.   As I told you earlier, I used Hulu Live for almost 2 months during a move  and it was more than fine but I knew I would be getting Xfinity once moved in.   It takes a day or two to figure out and be comfortable with navigating the menus.   I don't know about other streaming services but Hulu will absolutely NOT charge your card if you notify them on the 7th day.   You simply click on the unsubscribe link located on "My Account ".  

Honored Contributor

@SugarPuff wrote:

@Jordan2 It appears TV is important to you  (it is to me too, especially some of the premium channels!).  Have you thought of doing a 7 day trial with Hulu Live including the premium channels?   During the 7 days used only Hulu Live on all 3 of your TVs.  I think by the 5th day you will know if streaming is for you.   As I told you earlier, I used Hulu Live for almost 2 months during a move  and it was more than fine but I knew I would be getting Xfinity once moved in.   It takes a day or two to figure out and be comfortable with navigating the menus.   I don't know about other streaming services but Hulu will absolutely NOT charge your card if you notify them on the 7th day.   You simply click on the unsubscribe link located on "My Account ".  

@SugarPuff I'm kind of afraid of those free trials. I don't want to get stuck paying for it if I don't like it ( either I'll forget to cancel or not know how). I don't understand why they can't give you a free week without getting your credit card information.

Honored Contributor

YouTube Live is offering a free 2 week trial. I signed up and cancelled in the space of 15 minutes! First of all I don't think you can watch The CW live, only content On Demand ( I like to watch Mets games). Secondly, the lag time between cable and streaming is long. I would rather spend the extra money on cable, I'll cut back elsewhere!

Super Contributor

@Jordan2 I saw that Sling is doing 2 week trials without a credit card required if you wanted to try it out. 

Honored Contributor

@SugarPuff wrote:

@Jordan2 I saw that Sling is doing 2 week trials without a credit card required if you wanted to try it out. 

@SugarPuff thanks but I decided not to go with a streaming service. I really like TV, I knew I wouldn't be happy with any of the streaming services (I recently switched from Spectrum to Verizon Fios). I'll cut back on my expenses elsewhere!