Honored Contributor

So I started the thread Sling TV or Hulu Live. I have come to realize SlingTV is not for me. Any opinions about the comparison of these two ( please don't hate me I know I'm a pain)!?

Occasional Contributor

Re: YouTube Live or Hulu Live

I have Hulu Live right now. It is ok. You do get the catalog of Hulu Plus. None of them are like watching cable tv but I do like not having a contract. I would probably have gone with Sling TV but I cannot get locals with an antenna in my area.

Esteemed Contributor

I have Hulu Live and I'm happy with it. Sure beats paying for 65 channels of nothing but infomercials, plus all the other worthless channels like Spanish, Music and other garbage that I was paying for on DirectTV and I'm saving over $100 a month. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2

I have regular Hulu. I would vote for Hulu Live. You don't have a contract and the cost of service can increase at anytime . 

Trusted Contributor

I had Hulu Live until they raised their price by $10.00.  Now I have Youtubetv.

I like both of them.  Did have a small problem with Hulu losing reception sometimes,

so far I haven't had that problem with YouTube.

Valued Contributor

I have YoutubeTV, and really like it.  I do get my local channels using it.

Honored Contributor

I guess I can try them both, there isn't a contract so you can cancel at any time.

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2  I think they both have a free trial period.

Honored Contributor

@yellowrose wrote:

@yellowrose I usually don't like to try "free trials", they always want your credit card info, I always think they will charge my card before I get a chance to cancel it.

Regular Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@yellowrose wrote:

@yellowrose I usually don't like to try "free trials", they always want your credit card info, I always think they will charge my card before I get a chance to cancel it.

If a service offers a free trial period, why not takek advantage of that instead of jumping onto a service that you're unfamiliar with? It is so much better than asking for opinions since everyone's taste differs so much. 

I always appreciate free trial periods and I usually know within a few days if it's a keeper or not. If the service does not offer enough programs of my interest, I usually cancel it right away. They will not charge your credit card until the next billing date.