Honored Contributor

I know there was a thread about this a while back, but for the life of me, I can’t find it. 

I just got got the email from Yahoo about their new terms of service and privacy policy.  Okay, I have to agree whether I like it or not (like all of these policies), but when I click on any of the Review and Agree buttons in the email, it takes me to my Yahoo login.  I log in, then it takes me to Yahoo’s home page.  Where do I agree with this new policy?  I can’t find anything related to this on the home page at all.  

I Googled this, and it appears many people are having this issue.  No solution given that works.  Since some of you here had spoken of this some time ago, can you advise me on this?  In my reading, someone mentioned that once you click the Review and Agree button, even though it goes to the Yahoo homepage, that is all that is needed.

I just don’t want to lose access to my Yahoo email account.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Yahoo New Terms of Service

yes same with me.... i just ignored it. i dont wanna be locked out of my acct either

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Right now the thread is on page 3 here in Electronics. It was making me nutsy, kept coming up on the screen if I tried getting to my e-mail, (had to use my ipad to read it) and I just kept clicking on "I'll agree to this later" and then it would take me to a different yahoo homepage than I normally have. Think mine is called the classic or something. Not sure what I did but finally got back to my normal home page and can get to my e-mail and it has stopped popping up on my screen constantly but I did get the e-mail which has the agree thingy. Still ignoring agreeing to it.

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

Right now the thread is on page 3 here in Electronics. It was making me nutsy, kept coming up on the screen if I tried getting to my e-mail, (had to use my ipad to read it) and I just kept clicking on "I'll agree to this later" and then it would take me to a different yahoo homepage than I normally have. Think mine is called the classic or something. Not sure what I did but finally got back to my normal home page and can get to my e-mail and it has stopped popping up on my screen constantly but I did get the e-mail which has the agree thingy. Still ignoring agreeing to it.

I must be blind because I can’t find it.

This is silly.  Clicking on the links in the email takes me on a continuous loop between the login page and the homepage.  If I log in to my mail through the browser instead of the iPad mail app (I’m on an iPad using Safari), I see it says in the email there is an attachment.  But I don’t see the attachment, nor do I see anyplace to click to get said attachment.

And yes, it’s driving me crazy too.  Since there isn’t anything I can do about this, I’ll have to ignore it too.  I was hoping that after Verizon bought Yahoo this sort of insanity would stop.  Apparently not.  This is what I hate about the internet.😡🤬

Thanks everyone for letting me know it’s not just me doing something stupid again.

Valued Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

This is silly.  Clicking on the links in the email takes me on a continuous loop between the login page and the homepage.  If I log in to my mail through the browser instead of the iPad mail app (I’m on an iPad using Safari), I see it says in the email there is an attachment.  But I don’t see the attachment, nor do I see anyplace to click to get said attachment.

And yes, it’s driving me crazy too.  Since there isn’t anything I can do about this, I’ll have to ignore it too.  I was hoping that after Verizon bought Yahoo this sort of insanity would stop.  Apparently not.  This is what I hate about the internet.😡🤬

Thanks everyone for letting me know it’s not just me doing something stupid again.

@geezerette

@shaggygirl

The only thread I saw on this topic is in Community Chat, not in Electronics.

I'll post to you on it so you'll see it. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@spindlegirl wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

@geezerette

@shaggygirl

You are correct, my mistake. Thanks!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shaggygirl wrote:

@spindlegirl wrote:

@geezerette

@shaggygirl

Don't feel bad @shaggygirl, I've made the same mistake.  Or who knows maybe the thread got moved.

You're welcome!

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@spindlegirl wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

@geezerette

@shaggygirl

@shaggygirl

You weren’t the only one—I combed through Electronics before I wrote this!  After the Yahoo email debacle, I was ready to throw my iPad out the window!😫

Honored Contributor

I finally see what my problem is.  I’m not getting the “Accept” page.  The article referred to in the other thread shows a page to accept this agreement and that’s not what I get when I log in to Yahoo.  Either from that email or just on my own.

I have no idea what this means, though!🧐😩🤬