Honored Contributor

Re: YOUR OPINION OF MICROSOFT EDGE?

I have been using Chrome. Edge popped up last night trying to get me to continue with Edge. It would not let me Esc? LOL!!! I clicked on ctrl, alt, delete & closed it that way. It stated Internet Explorer was no longer supported. I don't care I was using Chrome. Edge needs to go away. If I wanted to use it I would be using it. 

Honored Contributor

I have an HP desktop with Edge.  No problems at all.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

I have been using Chrome. Edge popped up last night trying to get me to continue with Edge. It would not let me Esc? LOL!!! I clicked on ctrl, alt, delete & closed it that way. It stated Internet Explorer was no longer supported. I don't care I was using Chrome. Edge needs to go away. If I wanted to use it I would be using it. 

@Nightowlz 

Go to the upper-right corner of the Edge screen where the three dots appear. Click the three dots and a drop down menu will appear. Go to the very bottom of that menu where it says Close Microsoft Edge then click that to end communications from MS Edge. You'll need to do that after each time you use the Edge browser.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Edge comes with most all Windows computers. It can be uninstalled but that takes the administrative mode to get it to delete. I just never use it. I prefer Chrome. Edge is a browser I use as backup.

I do exactly the same.

Honored Contributor

I don't use Bing as a search function, either.  Lately, I've been using only DuckDuckGo, just because.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 

Another one using Duck Duck Go  instead of google.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Respected Contributor

I have been using Microsoft edge for a few years now and I like it.  Updates regular and automatic and like that too.  I'm having no problems.

Trusted Contributor

I am suspicious of all MS products. The Edge browser seems slow and Bing is trash. I use Chrome and Firefox.

Valued Contributor

I dislike Edge so much that I'm shopping for a new computer and will download Firefox.  I think Edge is more complicated after using Firefox and it takes more work.  I'm using it but don't like it especially when it switches to Bing.  I use google most of the time for searching.  Right now one of my folders ended up in my Bookmarks toolbar, don't know what I hit to get it there, but looking how to get it where it should be.  If I had a business Edge would be better but for what I do it's not for me.  Don't like Chrome either.  

Regular Contributor

I would never use any broswer made by Microsft.