Frequent Contributor

Re: Wrong power bank cord sent with Tracfone's latest TSV

They need to put BIGGER and BETTER INSTRUCTIONS in these things. I am not to swift with these things. I love alone. I bought a simple power bank last year and had no idea how to use it. They are too busy selling and telling you how many were bough and let's not forget colors. Better to teach some of us how to use it slowly.
Some one showed me but I was embarrassed to ask. Were all not that up on this stuff. I'm trying.
Respected Contributor

@Tigerfish2 wrote:
They need to put BIGGER and BETTER INSTRUCTIONS in these things. I am not to swift with these things. I love alone. I bought a simple power bank last year and had no idea how to use it. They are too busy selling and telling you how many were bough and let's not forget colors. Better to teach some of us how to use it slowly.
Some one showed me but I was embarrassed to ask. Were all not that up on this stuff. I'm trying.

Have you heard of Google or YouTube?  If not, check them out.  You can find instructions, either written or video, for almost anything.  QVC is not in the business to teach non tech savvy people how to use a device.  They are in business to sell products.  I am tech savvy and there are times I need help.  I come to boards like this or check for videos.  I don't call QVC for my tech support.  Geesh. 

Honored Contributor

After a disastrous run with a Tracfone two years ago, and reading all the problems with them on this board, I've come to a conclusion.  Tracfone buys CLOSEOUTS from these manufacturers, phones they've had problems with.  

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

After a disastrous run with a Tracfone two years ago, and reading all the problems with them on this board, I've come to a conclusion.  Tracfone buys CLOSEOUTS from these manufacturers, phones they've had problems with.  

@depglass - My DH and I have only used Tracfones for the past 20 years; all of them purchased through either QVC or HSN.  (Mostly LG, but we've also had Motorola and Nokia.)

We have not had a single phone that didn't work exactly as it was supposed to.  Often, IMO, the problem is with the user, not the phone.  Some people simply will not take the time to read through the manuals to familiarize themselves with a new phone.

Add to that, Tracfone provides online tutorials for all of the phones it sells.

Will there occasionally be a defective phone?  Of course.  But that also happens with expensive phones.  My friend's DH paid $800 for a new phone that didn't work and had to be returned.

Our newest phones are the LG Premier Pro Plus that just came out earlier this year.  So hardly a closeout.