Valued Contributor

Wrong power bank cord sent with Tracfone's latest TSV

I was just curious as to how many of you who ordered the latest Tracfone TSV (Samsung A10E) received the wrong cord for the included power bank. The phone takes a type C cord; the power bank cord is NOT a type C. Having a power bank doesn't do you any good if you can't plug it into your phone. Don't know who messed up--QVC or Tracfone--but this is definitely a mistake that shouldn't have happened.

Honored Contributor

Re: Wrong power bank cord sent with Tracfone's latest TSV

I have one cord to charge the power bank, and the other cord to charge the phone from the power bank. That second cord also is the wall charging cord to charge the phone. @qualityshopper 

Both fit as intended. 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Super Contributor

@qualityshopper wrote:

I was just curious as to how many of you who ordered the latest Tracfone TSV (Samsung A10E) received the wrong cord for the included power bank. The phone takes a type C cord; the power bank cord is NOT a type C. Having a power bank doesn't do you any good if you can't plug it into your phone. Don't know who messed up--QVC or Tracfone--but this is definitely a mistake that shouldn't have happened.

I received just the car charger.  NO power cords.  I sent it back the next day.

Honored Contributor

@wingnut wrote:

@qualityshopper wrote:

I received just the car charger.  NO power cords.  I sent it back the next day.

@wingnut 

The wall charging cord is inside the box with the phone. Did you open the box?

Esteemed Contributor

@qualityshopper wrote:

@qualityshopper

You received the wrong cable.

I purchased a few USB Type C 3A cables from Amazon. I found JSAUX brand to be decent quality. 

Valued Contributor

@GingerPeach --Yes, I have all of the cords. I was just pointing out that, even though you can obviously use the cord that connects to the wall charger (the type C one) to connect the power bank to the phone, the cord that comes with the power bank itself should have also been a type C. Both cords should have been since the phone they were to be used with was that type.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qualityshopper wrote:

@GingerPeach --Yes, I have all of the cords. I was just pointing out that, even though you can obviously use the cord that connects to the wall charger (the type C one) to connect the power bank to the phone, the cord that comes with the power bank itself should have also been a type C. Both cords should have been since the phone they were to be used with was that type.

@qualityshopper   A surprisingly number of people made the same erroneous assumption. I can't believe how many shoppers returned the TracFone TSV (per reviews) because of this.

The power bank is a bonus item, and could have been bundled with any phone. The cord that is packaged with the power bank is only for charging the power bank.

You'll have to get out your magnifying glass to read the instructions that come in the power bank box, but it's clear the cord with the micro USB plug is only for charging the power bank.

The cord that is packaged with the phone is only for charging the phone.

Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

I have one cord to charge the power bank, and the other cord to charge the phone from the power bank. That second cord also is the wall charging cord to charge the phone. @qualityshopper 

Both fit as intended. 

Exactly.  Both fit as intended. I can use the power bank to recharge my Samsung phone, my Amazon tablet...etc, when using the cords that came with each device as intended.

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge 

I noticed in the reviews that a lot of people sent the phone back because they didn't receive the wall charger, only the car charger.

The wall charger was, of course, in the box along with the phone itself, which leads me to believe they probably didn't even open the box.

Esteemed Contributor

Righto, @GingerPeach .