Respected Contributor

After Windows 7 made automatic updates last Tuesday, my laptop was acting strange. The screen would freeze up, and the only way I could clear the screen would be to press the "off" button. Then I'd restart my computer again, and my computer and Windows 7 would start up.

Last Thursday afternoon, my screen froze up again. I could not log off, so I had to press the "off" button again. However, this time, Windows wouldn't start up. My screen turned blue, and then this message appeared: "Wireless configuration dll has not been registered. Program will not work correctly."

I turned off my computer again, and turned it on again, and pressed F7 several times. I couldn't even start my computer in Safe Mode. I restored my computer to a previous date, and now I'm able to use it okay (so far, at least). It also did Windows updates successfully.

I did some searches online, and read comments about automatic Windows updates sometimes causing computer problems. Have any of you had similar problems? I'm not sure if the problem with my computer was caused by Windows updates, but I didn't have this problem before last week.

I am not the least bit "computer savvy", so any help you can give me would be appreciated. I spoke with one person who said I needed a new computer -- that some of my files are corrupted. I think he just wanted to sell me a computer.