Respected Contributor

I have an HP computer and am running Windows 7 with IE 11. In the past few weeks I am now having trouble with IE11. When I click on a page sometimes it will open and other times it says it is loading and the circle up top shows it loading but I get nothing. I then have to go back to the last page I was viewing and click again on the same thing and then the page opens right up. I have run a complete virus scan 3 times and all is good or so it says. I am not very good with computers so I have no clue as to what is going on. Not sure if this helps but also am running 64 bit. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Windows 7, IE11 Problems

Deleting temporary files in IE 11.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/maintenance/ht/deltempintfilesie.htm

You then need to download and install another browser. FireFox or Google Chrome.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

https://www.google.com/intl/en_us/chrome/browser/

Super Contributor

Does this happen every time you click on ANY page in the internet? Or is it just happening on the QVC site?

In addition to deleting temporary files noted above, you could be having some router connection problems. Make sure everything is plugged into the router tightly. Then also try doing a reboot of the router. This sometimes help to correct connection speeds.

Respected Contributor

Hi nutmeg......I deleted the temporary internet files and it got worse. Pages are now freezing up.

I really would like to keep using IE so I did not install a new browser.

Thank you for your help.

Respected Contributor

On 8/3/2014 Lynnj said:

Does this happen every time you click on ANY page in the internet? Or is it just happening on the QVC site?

In addition to deleting temporary files noted above, you could be having some router connection problems. Make sure everything is plugged into the router tightly. Then also try doing a reboot of the router. This sometimes help to correct connection speeds.

Hi lynnj...........usually it happens on different sites but mostly when there are pictures. It happens on QVC and other sites like Coach, etc.

I am not wireless but did check all of the connections especially to the modem. I just remembered that I had to get a new modem around the time that this all started but it is the correct modem. I am going to disconnect the wires and reconnect and see if that helps. Thank you for your help.

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/3/2014 luvsbulldogs said:

Hi nutmeg......I deleted the temporary internet files and it got worse. Pages are now freezing up.

Thank you for your help.

Did you check your internet connection? I had a lot of problems with IE11. Chrome runs far better. You can import your favorite and settings into this new browser.

Trusted Contributor

I second the suggestion to use a different browser. I typically use Chrome when I'm on my PC. IE is a Web app developer's nightmare. It just isn't the most stable. Trust us on that.

Regardless, it could be a problem with the Web site itself. You could be trying to access a page at the same time as a lot of other people. But if it is happening all the time you really should try a new browser.

KJPA
Respected Contributor

On 8/3/2014 nutmeg3 said:
On 8/3/2014 luvsbulldogs said:

Thank you for your help.

Did you check your internet connection? I had a lot of problems with IE11. Chrome runs far better. You can import your favorite and settings into this new browser.

Hi nutmeg........I disconnected all the wires and reconnected and it is a little better. The lights are all green so I am thinking the Internet Connection is good. I am thinking that it may be something else because my DH put in a disc that he uses for business and it usually works and now it will no longer open. Before I install a new browser I want to be sure that it is the browser. I am thinking of sending it out to the shop to be fixed. Thank you for your help. Everyone on here is so helpful!

Respected Contributor

On 8/3/2014 KJPA said:

I second the suggestion to use a different browser. I typically use Chrome when I'm on my PC. IE is a Web app developer's nightmare. It just isn't the most stable. Trust us on that.

Regardless, it could be a problem with the Web site itself. You could be trying to access a page at the same time as a lot of other people. But if it is happening all the time you really should try a new browser.

Hi KJPA........ I am thinking of taking it into the shop that set everything up for me and then installing a new browser as most of you said. Thank you so much for your help. It sounds like Chrome is the one to try.

Respected Contributor

I'm using Firefox. My friend who set up my wireless system for my laptop would not recommend IE; too many problems.