Esteemed Contributor

Windows 10 and FireFox Passwords

Since upgrading to Windows 10, my saved logins and passwords get wiped out from FireFox. I initially thought it was a FF issue, but it's Windows 10.  Maybe they are trying to get me to use Edge.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

Re: Windows 10 and FireFox Passwords

My son-in-law owns a computer company, so he knows a lot about computers.

I mentioned to him every time I turn on my computer I get asked about downloading 10.

He said, "Just wait a bit longer".  He said (I think it was Google) is going full force to get people to download this.  he said never go after anything when it is new.

He said he reads in his computer websites there are still bugs with this 10.  He said if you wait all of the 'bugs' will be worked out.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks Annabelle. We didn't have a choice to download Windows 10, bugs or not.

The bugs are always worked out in the end, even after a new OS is out. I don't want to wait that long. Restoring passwords and logons every few months is maddening.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66----I would like to see if your son can answer a question about windows 10 and a POGO game site that i had a paid subscription for.  After being on Pogo for 10years, with a very old computer and then one with VISTA, upgraded to win10 and all of a sudden I don't have password or access to games.  Notifications say I don't have FLASH,JAVA, or IE11.  I have all on win10 according to my settings.  I had computer in Geek SQUAD and they said everything is perfect, but have no idea about my problem.  I checked with Pogo help and EA SPORTS.  Got the same no JAVA<FLASH or IE11.  I appreciate any help you could give me and any ideas your son-in-law might have.  THANKING YOU in advance-----tedEbear

P.S. I won't be bugging you about anything else EVER!!!! Promise tEb

Esteemed Contributor

@tedEbear wrote:

@Annabellethecat66----I would like to see if your son can answer a question about windows 10 and a POGO game site that i had a paid subscription for.  After being on Pogo for 10years, with a very old computer and then one with VISTA, upgraded to win10 and all of a sudden I don't have password or access to games.  Notifications say I don't have FLASH,JAVA, or IE11.  I have all on win10 according to my settings.  I had computer in Geek SQUAD and they said everything is perfect, but have no idea about my problem.  I checked with Pogo help and EA SPORTS.  Got the same no JAVA<FLASH or IE11.  I appreciate any help you could give me and any ideas your son-in-law might have.  THANKING YOU in advance-----tedEbear

P.S. I won't be bugging you about anything else EVER!!!! Promise tEb

I found some info about JAVA FLASH and IE11 on Pogo's News site.

http://news.pogo.com/letters-to-the-editor-is-pogo-ready-for-windows-10-another-canastrophe-and-more...

Respected Contributor

Download Firefox to use with POGO and you should be fine. 

Honored Contributor

@tedEbear  I just saw your post.  I don't talk to him a lot.  I saw where other people posted some things they found out.  I'll try to remember to ask him when I see him.

He's so nice to me.  He helps me whenever I ask him.  I'll try to copy what you said and see if I can get it to him.

My guess is there are people here who can answer your question.  

Let me know if it doesn't help and I'll still try to ask him.

Trusted Contributor

THANK YOU, Ladies!!  It doesn't work!  I guess I will have to find different game sites---------tedEbear

Respected Contributor

@tedEbear wrote:

THANK YOU, Ladies!!  It doesn't work!  I guess I will have to find different game sites---------tedEbear

Did you try a different browser?  If you didn't, download and install either Firefox or Chrome and try again. 

Trusted Contributor

@glb613--Yes, I have tried, chrome,firefox and IE11(always before).  None of them.  I m beginning to think DELL is a C^appy computer. I am having a hard time over the whole works.  This computer was purchased beginning of 2015 an 8 or 8.1. Switched to Windows 10 end of 2015 and took into GEEK SQUAD this year. I can access this website and that is pretty much it, without being told my JAVA, FLASH, and IE11 is not there, need updating. They are all installed updated, cleared caches,etc,etc.   

@Annabellethecat66----ThankYou, but nevermind.  I think I may just break this all up and get a new one.

Thank You all again for your suggestions-------tedEbear