Honored Contributor

What needs to be updated?

Honored Contributor

Re: Why can't I leave hearts?

[ Edited ]

Hi, @depglass!  What happens when you tap or click on the heart on someone else's post?  What kind of device are you using?

eta:  Sometimes I have to tap/click the heart twice to make it work.  Did you try that?   Another thing...  you need JavaScript (not the same as Java) enabled in order to add a heart to someone's post.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Sounds like you might need a hearts transplant.

Valued Contributor

Heart transplant!!I love it.png

That's how we roll in the shire..
Honored Contributor

Did you check your settings?   I remember when they first changed the board last June.  That first day I went through ALL the settings and unchecked a ton of stuff.

I must say, it's so much less cluttery!  I cannot imagine if you see all those hearts and all the ginormous sig-lines, etc - it is probably clutter h-e-double-L for somebody who is clutter-neurotic like me.  Smiley Happy

Anyway, I'd just go through all your settings.  You'll run across any that apply to whatever you need to find.

Honored Contributor

chickenbutt wrote:

Did you check your settings?   I remember when they first changed the board last June.  That first day I went through ALL the settings and unchecked a ton of stuff.

I must say, it's so much less cluttery!  I cannot imagine if you see all those hearts and all the ginormous sig-lines, etc - it is probably clutter h-e-double-L for somebody who is clutter-neurotic like me.  Smiley Happy

Anyway, I'd just go through all your settings.  You'll run across any that apply to whatever you need to find.

Great point, @chickenbutt, and I always forget about that setting!

@depglass, If you don't even see the hearts, you might've turned off the feature in your settings under "Preferences," "Preference Options," "Hearts."   Be sure you didn't check "Hide Hearts buttons and counts."

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I see brewhaha is back, maybe I just haven't been to the boards she frequents.  She gets a big ol' giant heart.  I've double clicked, banged, have javescript, said bad words,  but I click and nothing happens.  I will go through my settings and see what is showing.  Thanks, all. 

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I see brewhaha is back, maybe I just haven't been to the boards she frequents.  She gets a big ol' giant heart.  I've double clicked, banged, have javescript, said bad words,  but I click and nothing happens.  I will go through my settings and see what is showing.  Thanks, all. 

@depglass, If your settings are okay, you haven't hidden the heart feature, and you can see the heart but even if you click more than once on it and still it doesn't work...  please let us know what device, operating system software version, and browser/browser version you're using so we can try and figure out the problem.   Also, it would help to know if you're using any addons/extensions in your browser (or, try a different browser and see if the hearts work for you then).Smiley

Esteemed Contributor

I dont know? But you can have some of these....HeartHeartHeartHeartWoman LOL

Spoiler
HeartHeartHeart