Trusted Contributor

Why Can't I Print from the Internet?

I can print from Word, but not from the Internet.  For instance, if I see something on the internet I want to print, I will go through the process, get to the "Print" page.  Then I see a line flash on the bar at the bottom, but it does not go to the print queue.  I am thinking it is some setting that has to be changed, but have no idea where or what it could be.  Could you help?

Thank you in advance for helping this unsavvy tech person.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

Re: Why Can't I Print from the Internet?

[ Edited ]

@wismiss Edit Update

I assume you know to highlight or select the part of the internet page you want to print.  I tried printing the entire page, an entire article...several pages, and a photo from a page.  My printer worked.

If you want to print something from the internet page like a photo, you must highlight it or select it.  

Let us know if any of the suggestions work.  

Did your printer work before when you wanted to print from the internet or is the first time you tried it?  

Not sure what you mean by the bar at the bottom and a line.  Is it where PRINT and CANCEL is located?  

I'm using Microsoft Edge.  

Do you see PRINT and CANCEL on the bottom?

When you click on PRINT nothing happens except a line flash?

I gave it a try and I don't see a line flash.  As soon as I click on PRINT, the printer window disappears and my printer begins printing.

You can try this. 

Turn your printer off, then on again.  Then.... 

Go to Control Panel. To find it, click on the Window icon on lower left corner of your screen.  Click Run.  Type in Control Panel, open, you can find Printers there.  

Click on Printers.  Then click on the printer you are using.  See if anything is sitting in the queue.  Click on each one, then cancel all that are there.  Even if you don't see any, try printing from the internet again.  

You can also try turning off your computer, then turning it back on.  Sometimes that fixes the most perplexing problems. 

If your printer is recognizing Word, there doesn't seem to be a problem with your printer.  

I'll have to think about what else could be wrong.  

Maybe, others will have suggestions.   

Respected Contributor

You should be a dialog box whenever you print.  At least I've always had one pop up when I select print from the menu at the top of the screen. See if you can get it to print by highlighting the part of the web page you want to print then select print from the menu and see if it works.  

When I have problems like this, I try to troubleshoot a problem and if it doesn't work, I will uninstall then reinstall what ever isn't working correctly.  I check for updated software or drivers when I reinstall a device.  Another area to check is the settings. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

All I do is place my cursor on the thing I want printed then right-click and choose the 'print' option when the window opens there. Be sure the print destination is set for your printer and not something else.

When you are trying to print something off of a website, for instance a picture of a coat you see on the Q, then place your cursor over that picture, right-click and then click 'save image as...' get the picture into your files as a jpeg. To print that file go back and select the print option in your file.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee  Thank you for that. I never could figure out how everyone posts pictures from QVC or others sites on the internet. My friends are as helpless as me unfortunately. 😄

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

You're welcome.Woman Happy @Mimi 1883